Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

HOw is it looking so far?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by pjclas

I guess my confusion is why nobody else seems to have this problem if it's just some improved cache handling in 5.1.3... Are other people just not paying attention or are their forums so small it's not noticeable?
      A little of both of the above.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pjclas
        • Aug 2012
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

A little of both of the above.
        I have another question. I was waiting for 5.1.3 because some bugs I reported are being fixed and I thought they would be part of 5.1.3, but they don't seem to be. I can see they are resolved in some version of a sprint release. When I look at the calendar it shows that they are released and archived, but the fixes aren't yet verified by QA... Is there any way to determine what release they will go live? I will upgrade to 5.1.3 either way, but I'm still curious how this works.

Comment

• fsmex
          • Mar 2009
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
          HOw is it looking so far?

Well, I dont find a real difference so far.

I´m already running 5.1.3, cleared the cache this morning and it is already 1 GB

I know the cache table is supposed to grow as people visit the page, but I find the site loading slower while the cache table increases.

As soon as I clear the cache table, the site runs faster.

Is there a way I set the cache settings to be used as little as possible? I know it is supposed to help the site load faster, but at least in my site I find it the other way.

El punto de reunión para los que amamos la aviación

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Give it 48 hours, and let me know its size then.

Comment

• pjclas
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.2.X

I am now at 5.1.3 as well so I will see what it looks like in 48 hours too.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

I can give you guys some code to run some cache performance metrics, we'd love to get real world results and help reduce the cache table, however it does have overhead and will NOT improve performance until we actually improve the cache system itself.

If anyone is willing to enable/run it I can give you the tools to enable it.

Comment

• pjclas
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 4.2.X

I will soon be in the process of moving to another server, but I would be willing to help when that is completed. Should happen over the next few weeks.

Comment

• pjclas
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 4.2.X

I have some good news to report from my site. At the very least, the option to disable content caching is now being respected. The reason I say this is because ever since I had this caching issue I disabled all the caching options including guest caching, content caching, and node data caching. Even with all these options disabled my cache table was growing to 40 Gig every day! In 5.1.3, I still have these options disabled, but my cache table has grown to only about 100M in the last 24 hours. I will leave the cache disabled for another day to make sure this isn't some sort of fluke. If all goes well, I will re-enable caching and see what happens. At least we are making progress.

Comment

• DisasterDotCom
                      • Feb 2013

So I'm curious.. I don't even have a "vb_cache.MYD" file, but content caching and node data caching are enabled. Is there something up with this?

Comment

• pjclas
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by DisasterDotCom
                        So I'm curious.. I don't even have a "vb_cache.MYD" file, but content caching and node data caching are enabled. Is there something up with this?
                        This is because I am using the innodb file per table option. Without that all tables are contained in one large file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...