X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DigoAlmino
    • Aug 2013
    • 5.0.X

New Administrators can't open any AdminCP tools

Hey guys, I just recently added several members to Administrator usergroup to look after somethings over the holidays. However these member can access the AdminCP with no trouble, but they can't use any of the tools and options displayed on the left side of the Control Panel (All their primary groups are now Administrators).

When they try to click on a option or a tool it doesn't load/run that area for them. For example: Usergroups
    • I'm currently running vBulletin 5.0.5
    • Using PHP Version 5.3.27
    • MySQL version 5.5.33
    Is there a other step that is required for me to do then just easily add them to that usergroup, or do I need to update the permissions of Administrator group to confirm that they are apart of that group now?

Thanks guys.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Did you give them any administrator permissions? AdminCP > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions

Comment

• DigoAlmino
      • Aug 2013
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      Did you give them any administrator permissions? AdminCP > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions
      Hey Zachery, All I did was change their primary usergroup to administrator. So overall they should have access to the tools in the AdminCP but the issue they are having is they can't access or touch anything in the AdminCP for some odd reason.

Permissions are all the same as to mine since administrator is the highest usergroup to gain access to the AdminCP to for fill many jobs to be done to the site.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Hello,

No- each administrator must be given specific permissions once you move them to the Administrator usergroup- by default they have no permissions until a super-administrator explicitly sets them.

In Admin CP go to Usergroups on the side menu, expand it, and then go to "Administrator Permissions"

On the next page you'll see a list of every administrator account. Next to each account will be an "Edit" link- click on the link to edit their permissions.

You can give limited permissions if you want. For example if you have an Admin who is only going to help with style issues they don't need access to User accounts, and so on.

Comment

• DigoAlmino
          • Aug 2013
          • 5.0.X

Thank you so much Joe.

Cheers,

Joshua

Comment