• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjolley2000
    • Dec 2013
    • 5.0.X

HELP! Users Settings / Edit Setting - Members unable to edit their profiles

HELP! Users Settings / Edit Setting - Members unable to edit their profiles

I need some assistance, I have no idea what is causing the problem... Members (including myself logged in as the admin), are not able to edit their User Settings / Edit Profile. The avatar is change able, but they can not go in and edit their profile info.

When trying to access / edit by clicking on the upper right hand drop down box and selecting "User Settings" or when they try going to their profile and clicking on "edit settings", you are sent to a page with an error message that reads as follows:

Debug: Error
    Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
    occurred in file /home1/rideorro/public_html/includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php on line 223
    Trace
    ⦁ Function setRoutes in file /home1/rideorro/public_html/includes/vb5/frontend/application.php line 9
    ⦁ Function init in file /home1/rideorro/public_html/index.php line 44

(I have no idea what any of this means)

What I have done so far,
    1. In the AdminCP > Products & Hooks > Manage Hooks - I unchecked all the active boxes
    2. Created a completely default / stock template
    4. Turned off public visibility to the page (don't know how to create a test forum and was suggested not to run debugging on a live forum)
    3. Edited some code to turn on "debug" mode Lynne had provided me with.

I am still unable to tell what's going on here... as far as I can tell, it looks like maybe a page is missing? If that's the case I have not idea how to restore it.

Thanks in advance for any possible help. The page has been down for a few days now. I have attached some screen shots, in case my information above was confusing.

Powered by vBulletin™ Version 5.0.5

I am fairly certian all modifications have been disabled.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Have you modified the supplied .htaccess file in anyway?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tjolley2000
      • Dec 2013
      • 5.0.X

I don't know what that is, So I don't think its been changed... I did add some html, to remove the module minimize buttons.
      Last edited by tjolley2000; Wed 11 Dec '13, 9:59am.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Did you have any existing files from an older version on the server when you installed?

Comment

• tjolley2000
          • Dec 2013
          • 5.0.X

No, this my first time setting up a forum.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

What URL is showing in the browser when you get the error?

Comment

• tjolley2000
              • Dec 2013
              • 5.0.X

URL Shows this: http://www.rideorrot.com/settings/

The message that comes up is this: Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

The message that comes up with Debug on is this: Alert: The forums are currently turned off!
              Debug: Error
              Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.
              occurred in file /home1/rideorro/public_html/includes/vb5/frontend/routing.php on line 223
              Trace
              • Function setRoutes in file /home1/rideorro/public_html/includes/vb5/frontend/application.php line 9
              • Function init in file /home1/rideorro/public_html/index.php line 44

Comment

• tjolley2000
                • Dec 2013
                • 5.0.X

I went ahead and deleted / uninstalled all the product/hooks, including Forum Runner. I am still getting the same message.

The only thing I can think of being different than "stock" fresh install... would be the varstyles, and the html that removed the module collapse buttons. I don't know how to remove the html for the forum, but I really want to have the option of not having the users ability to collapse the modules.

I need to be ready to launch in 2 weeks, and got tons to do before then. If people can't set up their profiles, its going to be difficult to get them to develop a sense of ownership and connection with the new forum.

I didn't know really where to post this issue on the forum and submitted a ticket but because I bought my license on 10/30/13, I do not have direct support anymore, so I was directed to post my issue on the forum for help.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Are the forums turned off like it says in the debug error? Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Turn your vBulletin On and Off ? Forum Active should be set to Yes.

Comment