Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ali alriffai
    • Dec 2003

Invalid page URL in 5.0.5 and language issues

I'm loosing my forum with vb5 connect I've upgraded to 5.0.5 but now encoding for Arabic is a miss I've tried all encoding options but the main problem is that if I click on any post it takes me to invalid URL page and contact admin for that Here is the forum link http://adigicam.com/vb/ A post link with error http://adigicam.com/vb/forum/çáßçã%C...7;#post2737575 You can see how the URL is a miss and I think because of encoding My forums is 11 years old and I have more than 38k users with almost close to 1m posts I installed a clean copy in another path, is there anyway to merge the database or at least user table? Both forums are running on 5.0.5 Please help
  • drifty123
    • Apr 2013

correct me if im wrong but you can take your config.php and copy it to the fresh install so it will take data from the same database ! for your main problem i cant tell but if i helped thats good then ! or you can also use phpmyadmin to import your user table and export it to your fresh install's database

and there is also a program that act as a plugin for vb to upgrade entire database (smf to vb and others) i dont remember the name but i think you can import some data with this one

edit: the program is impex you can find it in your downloadable file in your members area
    Last edited by drifty123; Fri 22 Nov '13, 5:57am. Reason: adding info

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

A fresh install would use a new database. There is no way to migrate data from one install to another in vBulletin 5 at this time.

What is the language encoding of your vBulletin 5 installation?
      What was the language encoding of the installation you upgraded from?
      What is the Character Set and Collation of your database?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ali alriffai
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        A fresh install would use a new database. There is no way to migrate data from one install to another in vBulletin 5 at this time.

What was the language encoding of the installation you upgraded from?
        forum was running in Arabic

I don't know but it should be UTF-8

Comment