X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Plunkd
    • Nov 2013
    • 5.0.X

Assorted issues and perhaps suggestions

Just installed 5.0.5 yesterday and have it up and live (http://plunkd.com/forum)

Things I've noticed so far:

​-When you post an img it wraps [*URL] around the img url sometimes. Is there any way to disable URL inside img? I created a custom BBCode, and turned off automatic URL parsing, but it still didn't work. It seems to be if you copy the URL from somewhere where it would have been hyperlinked before pasting it into img tags.
    -When you're at the forum home, it shows you as not logged in, even if you are. Even if you login again it'll still show you as not logged in.
    -When you post a quick reply it doesn't refresh old posts, just adds the new post.
    -When you post a quick reply it doesn't let you scroll up for a second, just forces the page back down to the bottom (this one is driving us nuts).
    -If you quote a post, post your reply and then try to quote another post it either quotes a different post or doesn't quote a post at all.

Any suggestions to address any of these issues or are they known bugs that are being worked on?

• Plunkd
    • Nov 2013
    • 5.0.X

Few more to add:

-Line breaks don't format properly at all when posting from a mobile device. They're ignored completely.
    -"Most users ever online" doesn't store properly.
    -When I edit a post it forces me to begin typing at the end. If I place the cursor in the middle of the message, when I start typing it it begins typing at the end of the message. (Chrome, haven't tried re-creating in other browsers yet). It may also do this when you move your text cursor around in a message, not just while editing.
    Last edited by Plunkd; Fri 15 Nov '13, 3:37pm.

Comment

• Plunkd
      • Nov 2013
      • 5.0.X

When you try to edit a post on mobile the message box is empty. You can't edit anything.

Comment

• Plunkd
        • Nov 2013
        • 5.0.X

Anyone? These are some pretty significant problems that are driving down activity on my forum.

Comment

• Plunkd
          • Nov 2013
          • 5.0.X

Just bumping this again. I submitted a support ticket and the JIRA ticket IDs they gave me didn't really highlight the issues I was discussing.

These are the main ones I'm that are causing massive issues right now:

-When you're at the forum home, it shows you as not logged in, even if you are. Even if you login again it'll still show you as not logged in. You can login by clicking the logo or on a forum.
          -When you post a quick reply it doesn't let you scroll up for a second, just forces the page back down to the bottom (
          this one is driving us nuts).
          -Line breaks don't format properly at all when posting from a mobile device. They're ignored completely.
          -Editing doesn't work at all on mobile, simply brings up an empty post.
          -If you quote a post, post your reply and then try to quote another post it either quotes a different post or doesn't quote a post at all.
          -When I edit a post it forces me to begin typing at the end. If I place the cursor in the middle of the message, when I start typing it it begins typing at the end of the message. (Chrome, haven't tried re-creating in other browsers yet). It may also do this when you move your text cursor around in a message, not just while editing.

These are major problems that should have been addressed through UAT before the product was ever launched. I am severely disappointed with the product I've purchased.

Comment

• Plunkd
            • Nov 2013
            • 5.0.X

Test.

Edit: Was testing the scroll issue after a post. It occurs on your forum as well.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

A link to your site, and a test login would be helpful to diagnose the problem with logging in on the forumhome, I suspect there is a cache problem with your webserver, or a url issue.

The scrolling to the post issue is a known bug, I suspect you were given a jira number for that, you should vote/watch it so progress can be made on it.

Comment

• nigelmoore
                • Nov 2013
                • 5.0.X

-When you post a quick reply it doesn't let you scroll up for a second, just forces the page back down to the bottom (this one is driving us nuts).

We get both of these errors as well and they drive our users nuts - has anyone ended up fixing them/figuring out how to fix them?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by nigelmoore
                  There is a JIRA already for your first issue. The second is caused when you start typing before the browser has fully loaded the editor code on the page.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment