Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BUSA
    • May 2010

VB Issues Continue Even After 5.05 Update

Issues in VB continue even after the latest 5.05 update. There are so many issues and I started a thread pointing out the same and VB quickly moved the topic to licensed customer feedback, please don't do that again, let your software talk for itself, rather than hiding complaints from people who have stuck by your products for years (VB 5 is not my first VB license and I feel cheated to have bought this incomplete software full of bugs).

Other than the various issues already pointed, other issues still not solved include -

1) Image uploaded shows an extra digit in size. So I have put in setting that above 200 KB not show in-line and when a person uploads say a 100 kb file, it shows it as 1000 KB file. Example - http://www.motorbeam.com/forums/hand...0113#post30113 just open any file, download it and see the size!

2) While writing, all of a sudden I get invalid server response, it doesn't do anything and once I close the box, I can post as usual. See attachment.

VB - I don't like posting complaints here, I don't want to waste my time or yours, but please do something about VB 5, in its current form, it feels lacklustre and we are losing forum members because of the bugs
  • BUSA
    • May 2010

What's even more frustrating is when you try to make any changes to anything, it says you do not have permission and once refresh the page, it works!

Comment

• BUSA
      • May 2010

The error continues. Can the people at VB help. This is a ridiculous error.

If you notice I am logged in! Yes logged in! Logged out and logged in and still this persists.

See the third attachment, I am logged in (can be seen on the top right) but the comment box hasn't come below and thus like, quote options aren't there either.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Do the URLS in the Admin CP under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details contain the www.? if not, then you should use the proper URL to access the site. You can use .htaccess to redirect www. urls to the one without.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• IggyP
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BUSA
          What's even more frustrating is when you try to make any changes to anything, it says you do not have permission and once refresh the page, it works!
          hmm i also notice an issue like this....for me, if i sleep my computer i have to refresh to post without error....odd not sure bout that one was hoping lot will fix in 5.1.0

best lucks

Comment

• BUSA
            • May 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Do the URLS in the Admin CP under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details contain the www.? if not, then you should use the proper URL to access the site. You can use .htaccess to redirect www. urls to the one without.
            Yes, it has the www in those fields and I use the same address to access the forum.

Comment

• Omeka
              • Jul 2004

No, you must enter http://
              https://traduzioni-italiane.it/

Comment

• BUSA
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Omeka
                No, you must enter http://
                Yes, http:// is there too.

Comment

• BUSA
                  • May 2010

What is wrong with VB support, nobody helps, no one replies to emails. I think VBulletin has the worst service ever.

There software is also crap, so many issues and nobody cares to resolve.

VB should do a favour and return back money of those who are not happy with the latest VB, it has so many bugs, usually softwares in beta also don't have so many issues.

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Do you get "Invalid Server Response" when you actually submit a post, or are you saying that it comes up randomly while you're writing the post?
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BUSA
                      • May 2010

Yes, I get it at times when submitting a post, also at times when liking a post.

The editor box (the box where you write stuff) doesn't load many a times, not only for my site but even on vbulletin.com!

Comment

• BUSA
                        • May 2010

Are you guys not facing this issue?

Why is VB service so lousy?

Comment

• phdev
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 3.6.x

I am also getting this issue. How can you guys charge hundreds of dollars for software that is so full of bugs? I've always been a hardcore vBulletin fan and I've bought many licenses. I'm so disappointed that it's been let go like this.

Can you guys please fix this issue? When I look at js console in FireBug, i see that the autosave is attempted, and the server response is 200 OK, "false"
                          Last edited by phdev; Mon 16 Dec '13, 1:28pm.

Comment

• BUSA
                            • May 2010

Why can't anyone at VB reply, what is wrong with them.

Such hopeless service from a company which was once the pioneers in offering software to create an engaging web community.

I have had enough of VB's crap software, the VB 5 has so many glitches and no one responds.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by IggyP
                              hmm i also notice an issue like this....for me, if i sleep my computer i have to refresh to post without error....odd not sure bout that one was hoping lot will fix in 5.1.0

best lucks
                              That sounds like your session timing out and if that is true it isn't something that would be fixed- it is as designed. If you don't use the site before the session timeout you will get a new session and will be unable to post immediately until a new session is created (such as by refreshing the page.)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...