• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caracena
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

Missing attachments after upgrade

Hi guys,

I've just finished upgrading to 5.0.5 after my site got hacked. Apparently is all good now. As expected, I'm having quite a few problems after the upgrade. Before anything else, here's my site's info:
    vBulletin Version: 5.0.5
    PHP Version: 5.4.21
    MySQL Version: 5.5.32
    Any Addons installed: There were some on vB 4.x - They are gone now
    Does the issue occur in a default style?: yes
    Error message on the screen': none
    Browser and Browser version used.: Chrome Version 30.0.1599.101 m
    A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue.: none

The problem is that I don't have the "Repair Thumbnails" option under maintenance. When I open a thread with attachments I see the word "Attachment" that links to nowhere where the actual attachment should be displayed and at the bottom of the post where there's the list of attachments but they open in a new page. The two have different links or IDs. The actual attachment (that doesn't appear) seems to have an invalid ID.

How can I reconstruct the thumbnails if I don't have the option? And why isn't it using lightbox?

Thanks in advance!

Cesar Aracena
  • Philip Funplus
    • Nov 2013
    • 5.0.X

I am also having this issue, did you manage to fix this issue?

Even after the upgrade, in new posts that are created, all the images that are uploaded into posts appear as the word attachment rather than being embedded.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

To rebuild the thumbnails, go to AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Attachment Options > Attachment Resize Options and click the Rebuild option next to Thumbnails. Make sure you do a Force Refresh on the page when you go back.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment