X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenjMac
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Bible Verse Viewing

I'd like to be able to put a mouse over a chapter and verse and see the scripture (King James Version to be specific). And/or??? do I use BB codes? [bible] [/bible] ??? Can anyone explain the steps I would need to take to configure scripture viewing? P.S. I will probably need detailed info because this is new to me...
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

That's going to require a ton of custom coding which is not something we can provide support for.

Comment

• BenjMac
      • Sep 2013
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      That's going to require a ton of custom coding which is not something we can provide support for.
      Actually, I've just found out it is very easy. I found a great site for anyone else who is interested:

Logos Reftagger is a simple, free plugin that converts Bible References into links with hover-preview. It easily integrates into your favorite CMS like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, and Blogger.

Full instructions for vbulletin here:

http://blog.logos.com/2008/10/adding...bulletin_site/
      1. Log in and navigate to your admin control panel (e.g., http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admin/).
      2. Click on “Styles & Templates” in the left column to expand it, and then click on “Style Manager.”
      3. Locate your style in the list (i.e., the one with the checkbox checked), and choose “Edit Templates” from the dropdown box.
      4. Locate the “footer” template in the list on the left, click on it, and then click “Edit” under “Controls.”
      5. Scroll to the very bottom, paste in the customizable RefTagger code, and click “Save.”
      That’s it. Your Bible references are now interactive and far more usable for your readers.

Comment

• BenjMac
        • Sep 2013
        • 5.0.X

1. Log in and navigate to your admin control panel (e.g., http://www.yoursite.com/forums/admin/).
        2. Click on “Styles & Templates” in the left column to expand it, and then click on “Style Manager.”
        3. Locate your style in the list (i.e., the one with the checkbox checked), and choose “Edit Templates” from the dropdown box.
        4. Locate the “footer” template in the list on the left, click on it, and then click “Edit” under “Controls.”
        5. Scroll to the very bottom, paste in the customizable RefTagger code, and click “Save.”
        That’s it. Your Bible references are now interactive and far more usable for your readers.
        Well, I’ve got to the footer template but got this message:
        footer:

This template has not been customized in this style or any of its parent styles.

Double-click the template name or click the 'Customize' button to add a customized version of this template to the current style and its child sets.
        As per step #5 I could not click edit but clicked the Customize button but now I don’t know what to do from there to complete #5. I can scroll to the bottom but am concerned about trying to paste in the code I have, which I understand should be pasted right before </body> …any advice?

Is all I have to do is paste my code into an empty line right above </body> and click save?

Any chance that I could really mess something up?

Does anybody here even know what I am talking about?

Comment

• BenjMac
          • Sep 2013
          • 5.0.X

Can anyone tell me if it sounds correct that all I have to do at this point is to paste my new code into an empty line right above </body, "under footer" and click save?

Comment