X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovidiu
    • Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

Masive drop in trafic after I update to 5.0.4

I lost about 70% google traffic after I update to 5.0.4, because the new update now creates a description tag on every page.
    How to remove the auto generated description ?
    Anyone else have drop in traffic after this update ?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

You think that adding a meta description to your pages caused your google traffic to drop? What did you upgrade from?

Comment

• I, Brian
      • Feb 2003
      • 3.6.x

It's worth noting that Google have recently pushed another big update. One of my directories has received a lot of link removal requests the past week or two.

Also, if you upgraded from vb3 (or another bb) you'll find a drop in traffic for a couple of weeks as Google reindexes your content.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

vB3 and vB4 URLs should redirect to the correct ones in vB5 following an upgrade.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• ovidiu
          • Jul 2013
          • 5.0.X

I update from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4, recently I update to 5.0.5 (the URLs are the same, all pages are indexed fine, no changes), only the description tag is changed

How to remove the description tag (or make it empty) ?

Comment

• ovidiu
            • Jul 2013
            • 5.0.X

I want to let google create his own text description in his search results, google created better description related with the keyword that user searched on google, this make the user click on the website much faster, because the vbulletin can't create a better description then google more users will ignore clicking on vbulletin forums, if user don't click on your search result link and click on the next website link then the website will get ranking removed from that specified page (keyword). I'm sure this will cause a big decrease in traffic for many vbulletin forums, Please make optional this auto generated description (it is an emergency actually, I hope you will realize this), thank you.

Comment

• ovidiu
              • Jul 2013
              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by I, Brian
              It's worth noting that Google have recently pushed another big update. One of my directories has received a lot of link removal requests the past week or two.

Also, if you upgraded from vb3 (or another bb) you'll find a drop in traffic for a couple of weeks as Google reindexes your content.
              I know many informations about google algorithms updates, I'm working for one of the biggest SEO software company (there was no google update this week)

please help me to remove the description tag, thank you

Comment

• ovidiu
                • Jul 2013
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                vB3 and vB4 URLs should redirect to the correct ones in vB5 following an upgrade.
                the URLs did not change

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by ovidiu

the URLs did not change
                  vB5 uses different URL structures to both vB4 and vB3, so if you have upgraded to vB5 the URLs will have changed. However the old URLs should redirect.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment