X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcin Kalak
    • Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

Equivalent global_complete

​​What is the equivalent of global_complete in VB5? Is there an extension that equivalent hook global_complete in VB5?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There really isn't one, there are no php hook points in vBulletin 5.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Instead of looking for a hook, it might be better to understand what are you trying to do?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• NLP-er
        • Aug 2008

The question was not is there a hook, but is there any equivalent for it. Any substitute, in ANY way, which would allow to do same thing as global_complete - logic after each page generation.

Exact example of what we want to do - we want to change final output for each page. It was possible in previous versions (global_complete + $output variable) - how to do this now???
        vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 52 languages!

Comment

• NLP-er
          • Aug 2008

PS. each time I write here something (since vb5) under Opera (didn't check other browsers), aftera hitting Post Reply dialog window is opening asking where I want to save file... And the page is not reloaing at all - I need to use F5... This is your official forum - do something with that..
          vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 52 languages!

Comment

• Marcin Kalak
            • Jul 2013
            • 5.0.X

I would like to an extension that returns me $output as well as global_complete, or other equivalent global_complete in VB5.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by NLP-er
              Exact example of what we want to do - we want to change final output for each page. It was possible in previous versions (global_complete + $output variable) - how to do this now???
              There is no direct equivalent for such a broad sweeping change. Extensions are applied to specific CSS classes. If the template rendering classes are open to extension (internal classes are not) then you can add PHP extensions to the rendering classes. Look at /core/vb/view.php to start looking at the API. The code is documented within the file. You can also call API functions directly within the templates using <vb:data> calls and set variables within them using <vb:set>. This alone may be able to accomplish what you used a plugin for in the past.

You can also call additional custom templates using the new Template Hook system. Create your custom template, then in the AdminCP go to Products & Hooks -> Manage Hooks and assign your new custom template to an existing hook. It will appear automatically at the hook location. No PHP Code needed.

For your Opera issue, you would need to open a JIRA. However since its marketshare is so low, we don't currently support Opera. The site does work in Opera Next though.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Marcin Kalak
                • Jul 2013
                • 5.0.X

I'm looking for extensions API that will return $output or the possibility of obtaining $output by the code.

Comment