• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RRunner316
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Multiple Issues After Upgrading From vBulletin 4.2 to 5; Issue 1

Hi everyone,

RRunner316 here. I am one of the Administrators for HoldSquare.com.

Back story: Recently, we were hacked and our hosting company, HostGator, told us that we must upgrade to vBulletin 5 Connect.

After a few attempts I successfully upgraded the site; or so I thought. Once me and the other Admins took a few days to get our ducks in a row, we decided to turn the site loose to our community. Since then, a myriad of weird behavior has been reported to us from our users. I am a former software developer who customized the heck out of the 4.2 forum, so be frank with your technical talk. I have so many issues and I don't want the solutions to get intertwined, so I will be posting multiple threads to keep the discussions succinct.

So without further delay, I give you Issue 1:

Whenever someone creates a new post, the Preview (which I have pasted on top of the screenshot of my actual forum post, shadowed) looks fine, however, when the post is actually posted, it's rendered very oddly. Every single word, in JUST the initial post, is followed by a carriage return. I have no idea how this is happening. I tried Googling this, but to no avail.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

• RRunner316
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Interesting. I seem to have solved this by removing all of the HTML formatting of my User Title. I believe the <span> in there was causing the issue. It didn't in VB4.2, but oh well.

Comment