Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wb1986
    • Jan 2013

Invalid server response - auto-save

My auto save is no longer working and it says Invalid server response Why? It was working before the update.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Check JavaScript console for more error details.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• phdev
      • Dec 2006
      • 3.6.x

Hi, I'm also getting this issue. My javascript console in firebug shows a 200 OK response containing "false" when vbulletin runs the autosave

Comment

• anwar513
        • Sep 2010
        • 5.2.x

My site members have reflected this error, there is no solution?

Comment

• Craig
          • Jan 2008
          • 6.X

I have experienced this as well with 5.1.10. In fact i was entering data into a post while i got this message. I suspected something was up so i copied the entire post before i selected to post it. once i selected to post i was prompted with i must be logged into post. But it showed i was logged in, so i logged out and back in and pasted/posted my message with no issue. I was not idle during this time so the idle time setting should not have come into play.

I have the js console open in hopes to be able to replicate the problem.
          Last edited by Craig; Wed 9 Dec '15, 3:51am.
          adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• PaceyUK
            • Jun 2014

I just got exactly this problem. Made a new forum user. Was writing a post and I got "invalid server response"

Comment

• Craig
              • Jan 2008
              • 6.X

I found resolution with this by extending the cookie session time out setting in the admincp.
              adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment