X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steven Edwards
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.6.x

All ajax requests return 500 Internal Server Error

Basically, nobody can register and ajax mod functions--like move topic--fail.

I asked about this in a support ticket two days ago and while I get that the support techs get annoyed by answering questions, it's not our (i.e., those who paid for the software) fault that vB5 is such a disaster, please answer a question.

CentOS 5.9, new Apache/PHP install from the Remi repository, .htaccess is the one provided.

Our site's behind a VPN, so I can't give you FTP or SSH access.

Please tell me what to do and I'll do it.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Turn on debug mode and see what it says on the page when you try to register. Also, check your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) and see if anything is in there.

To enable debug mode edit the /config.php file and change:

Code:
    $config['debug'] = false;
    To:
    Code:
    $config['debug'] = true;
    Then edit the /core/includes/config.php file and change:

Code:
    // $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;
    To:
    Code:
    $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Steven Edwards
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thanks, Lynne.

Debug enabled, I get this error when clicking Complete Signup:
      Sorry, but the server is not responding properly to information requests. This may be a momentary problem. If you continue to receive this message and the site is otherwise functioning, please contact the site administrator.

Debug results show nothing.

Should I look at the php or Apache error logs?

Comment

• Steven Edwards
        • Aug 2007
        • 3.6.x

Apache's error log is showing deprecated php errors, even though my php.ini includes
        Code:
        error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

Comment

• Steven Edwards
          • Aug 2007
          • 3.6.x

PHP is 5.5.4.

The errors:

Code:
          [Mon Sep 30 10:41:06 2013] [error] [client 172.17.30.122] PHP Deprecated:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/user.php on line 291, referer: http://sci.rutgers.edu/vb5/auth/login-form
          [Mon Sep 30 10:41:07 2013] [error] [client 172.17.30.122] PHP Deprecated:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/string.php on line 747, referer: http://sci.rutgers.edu/vb5/auth/login
          [Mon Sep 30 10:41:17 2013] [error] [client 172.17.30.122] PHP Deprecated:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/string.php on line 747
          I could fix the code, but I'd prefer to eliminate the E_DEPRECATED messages.
          Last edited by Steven Edwards; Mon 30 Sep '13, 8:02am. Reason: removed absolute paths

Comment

• Steven Edwards
            • Aug 2007
            • 3.6.x

All deprecated errors found in my error_log:

Code:
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/api/bbcode.php on line 625, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/string.php on line 747
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/string.php on line 747, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/user.php on line 291, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/wysiwyghtmlparser.php on line 295, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/wysiwyghtmlparser.php on line 365, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/wysiwyghtmlparser.php on line 425, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/core/vb/wysiwyghtmlparser.php on line 768, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/ajax.php on line 27, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2485
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2485, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2489
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 2489, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/template/bbcode/wysiwyg.php on line 131, referer
             The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /vb5/includes/vb5/template/bbcode/wysiwyg.php on line 280, referer
            Last edited by Steven Edwards; Mon 30 Sep '13, 8:04am. Reason: removed absolute paths

Comment

• Steven Edwards
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.6.x

Potential solution:

Code:
              find -name '*.php' -exec sed -i.bak.php -c 's/error_reporting.E_ALL/error_reporting(E_ALL \& ~E_DEPRECATED/' '{}' \;
              I'll try it in a few minutes.
              Last edited by Steven Edwards; Mon 30 Sep '13, 11:33am.

Comment

• Steven Edwards
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.6.x

Will I have better luck with php 5.3?

Comment

• ryborg
                • Aug 2013
                • 5.0.X

Stephen,
                I'm on 5.3 and I still get 500s. I have noticed that when I'm logged in as admin, this is not an issue. Other users, however, do not have permission to access the AJAX api. I don't know if this is the same issue, but the symptoms are the same. I get the same errors.

Comment