After upgrading from 5.0.4 Patch 1 to 5.0.5, problems with forums within a single category

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wedgar
    • May 2013
    • 5.0.X

After upgrading from 5.0.4 Patch 1 to 5.0.5, problems with forums within a single category

After upgrading to 5.0.5 Thursday evening, I notice that in one category where I have seven forums, users, moderators and administrators are not able to:
    • create new topics
    • edit messages
    • share photos
    • post links
    • upload attachments
    • toggle advanced editor
    • add smilies
    • moderators/admins can't bring up the moderators panel

These features were working in all forum categories in 5.0.4 and stopped working in one category upon upgrading to 5.0.5. There have been no changes in permissions by any of the moderators or administrators in that one category.

I have attached photos of the non-working icons...

These seven forums in the category are our most used forums.
  • Ravi Savkar
    • Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

Same case with me. I was suggested to run upgrade script once again. I did that but the probllem still persists. I reverted t to 5.0.4 as I had backed up before upgrade. Hope someone can point out some solution here!!

THis is my post:
    HI, I am having multiple issues when I upgrade to 5.0.5. Here is one issue I am not able to post any data in any of the thread. Basically nothing can now work in the forum If I click on subscribe/newpost/comm

Comment

• wedgar
      • May 2013
      • 5.0.X

I reinstalled the 5.0.5 files again and ran the upgrade script and same thing still happened. I am thinking of copying the 5.0.4 files over the 5.0.5 and running the upgrade script for 5.0.4 and then reinstalling the 5.0.4 patch 1 files.

Comment

• TLMD
        • Sep 2012
        • 5.6.X

Are there parent permissions that disallow some of these functions?

What happens if you create a new category and move a forum into this one (just for testing puposes)? Are you then able to post there?

Comment

• wedgar
          wedgar commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks... I checked parent permissions earlier and couldn't find anything prohibiting those actions..
      • Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Do you have an announcement in that forum? If so, disable it and see if you still have the same issue.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• wedgar
          wedgar commented
          Editing a comment
          That was it! Lynne, thanks for the help.

I am out of town for a convention tomorrow where I have two talks. One of those talks is about some of the forums on my system. Your help was timely and very much appreciated!

Thank you.

- Bill
      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...