• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravi Savkar
    • Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

User options has been corrupted

Hi,
    I am getting a very strange problem. When I login as admin and try to change the access masks, the page does not contain the option to save the user options.

Looks like the content of the page itself has got corrupted. Now I can not change any user permissions at all.

I have reinstalled the VB 5.0.5 and still the problem persists. I have cleared the cache and run all the maintanance tool

Can someone suggest what can I do next?

--
    Ravi
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Did you upgrade from an earlier version or are you using a fresh installation (vB 5.0.5)?

Are there any errors that show up?

Can you post a screenshot of "the option to save the user options" that is missing here? I just want to be sure that we are talking about the same issue.

Comment

• Ravi Savkar
      • Jul 2013
      • 5.0.X

@TLMD: THanks for replying.

I did an upgrade from v5.0.4 to v5.0..5. I had this error in V5.0.4 and I had hoped that this resolve the issue. However the problem still persists.

I ran the upgrade second time and I have also ensured that all the files are uploaded.

I have attached the screen shot of what I get when I do "search all users" and then click on individual user id as an admin. If you notice I have scrolled down to the bottom of the page and there is no save/update button seen.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Comment

• Ravi Savkar
        • Jul 2013
        • 5.0.X

I am stuck with this issue. Any help would be appreciated!!

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

There Is no Access Mask support in vBulletin 5, and it had been deprecated for a while.

Your specific issue is being caused by the fact your own usergroup does not have permission to use private messages.

Comment

• Ravi Savkar
            • Jul 2013
            • 5.0.X

If I enable private message,save option is available. BUt I dont understand what's the connection between enabling private message and "feature" of saving the user access.

I dont want to enable private messaging in my forum. Please suggest what needs to be done

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

There is an issue where the check for the AdminCP, isn't bypassed for administrators. So the error that is caused on the page, prevents some of the html from showing correctly.

Comment

• Ravi Savkar
                • Jul 2013
                • 5.0.X

Ok. I understand that this is an error. Is it raised as a bug in JIRA? Can we expect a fix in the next release?

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Yes the issue is in Jira. You may watch it here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10959

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Ravi Savkar
                    • Jul 2013
                    • 5.0.X

Ok. Great THanks

Comment