X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CtrlPt
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Access Masks in 5.0.4 / 5.0.5

I am new to VBulletin, and am experiencing a problem with access masks. The specifics have been documented FOR 5.0.4 in VBV-1238 (http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1238) but no updated information is offered that resolves or works around the problem, and the last post was at the beginning of august. Has this issue been addressed in 5.0.5? Will upgrading resolve this?

If suggesting another way to handle the access permissions, here are my specifics:

My forum has a client-only section that has specific sub-forums dedicated to specific clients. A new user would be granted access to the general forum section by default, then also be given access to a forum dedicated to that client's company only. It looked like access masks was going to be the easiest way. If there is another effective way of doing this, I'm all ears. My site is waiting to go live and the only remaining piece is getting this user access straightened out. When I first set this up, I tried using usergroups, but I quickly had a dozen custom usergroups and forums to match, and it became clear as I pressed on that assigning permissions for each group/forum was going to be extremely cumbersome. (unless I was doing it wrong)

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks, in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...