• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhiskeyOSS
    • Apr 2010

Upgrade to 5.05 fatal error

anyone got any suggestions ?
    Fatal error
    : Class 'vB_Library_node' not found in /home/@@@@@/public_html/forums/core/vb/library.php on line 41
  • WhiskeyOSS
    • Apr 2010

will some one please chime in here and give me some idea as to what is wrong ?

Comment

• TLMD
      • Sep 2012
      • 5.6.X

Which version did you upgrade from?

Are you sure that you have uploaded all files?

Did the upgrade script finish without showing any errors?

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
        • Apr 2010

UP from 5.0.4 patch level 1 , no finish it never gets to run that is the error from the start uploaded the entire upload folder as with any of the other upgrades will re download a new copy and re upload it this evening when I get home from work

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

Originally posted by WhiskeyOSS
          uploaded the entire upload folder as with any of the other upgrades
          Sometimes it happens that not all files are overwritten correctly and one doesn't recognize this. Then it looks as if all files have been uploaded, but they haven't.

I'd also start with a reupload of all files (and make sure that all files actually have been uploaded). Then run the upgrade script. If the error still occurs, then one can have a look for a different reason.

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
            • Apr 2010

Re downloaded and re uploaded the files now I am getting there error
            <br /> <b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected $end in <b>/home/whiskey/public_html/forums/core/vb/api/extensions.php</b> on line <b>114</b><br />

Comment

• WhiskeyOSS
              • Apr 2010

Figured it out guys it was my FTP program it was not uploading all the files used c-panel and it was a flawless upgrade.. Thank you for your suggestions

Comment

• TLMD
                • Sep 2012
                • 5.6.X

Yes, this is something many other people already had issues with. One thinks all files are there, but the FTP program didn't upload all of them correctly.

Good that you managed to get everything up and running!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...