The proper way to move vBulletin to a different directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The proper way to move vBulletin to a different directory

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on this? I've looked and but can't find anything!

We installed bbPress (for WordPress) into the root of the domain. After realizing that bbPress has too many limitations we decided to purchase vBulletin and installed it in a directory ("forum"). After copying over (manually!) 350+ posts to vBulletin, WordPress has been booted out of the root of the domain and we're ready to move vBulletin in.

I would like this to go as smoothly as possible so any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated

If you're running vBulletin 5.0.4

1) Close your vBulletin. Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Turn your forum on or off.

2) Copy all your files to the new directory.

3) In the Admin CP, update your site urls under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details. There are three fields to update. Core URL, Base URL and Login URL.

4) Verify that the copied files are working in your new directory.

5) Delete the old files from your system.

If your running a version before 5.0.4

Upgrade to 5.0.4 and follow the above steps.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

THANK YOU very much

Everything went well except for the fact that the links are still using the old directory (it was installed in a directory named "forum"). Even when I remove "forum" from the url when trying to view a category/topic I still get a message that the page does not exist.

Comment

vBulletin will automatically add a /forum/ into the URL for forum content. If you're in a directory of /forum/ the url will be /forum/forum/etc...

Look above.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I appreciate the help.

I wish that I had used a different word when installing

But even so, I am still getting the same message, that the page does not exist.

http://www.dclfishextenders.com

BTW I have not yet removed the old files.

Comment

The problem was indeed the fact that I had not deleted the (old) directory named "forum"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X