X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arie1985uk
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Very upset with vBulletin from the 1st moment

I needed a simple forum for my website, and I thought vBulletin would be a good idea since it's very popular.
    When I tried to order the forum and I paid $400 for the full package, as I wanted mobile users to view the forum as well ... then all the troubles started.

Firstly, I used my debit card and it was declined but the charge was taken (I am not sure if it will be authorized or not but the screen showed the card was declined). So I tried another card and it also got declined .... I tried it again ensuring all the details are there but it got declined .... so I used PayPal even though it costs me more to convert to USD but I said PayPal would be the solution, and it worked.

Now after the payment was made, I followed the installation step by step and I couldn't get to install the forum on my website!
    So I contacted the support through their ticket system and I barely got answers that helped me! I am now left frustrated after being their customer for barely a few days and I see their refund policy states once you download the software you can't claim a refund - that is so disgusting!!

I am so so upset with this company!!
    Ticket ID 1219754
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Hello

Sorry to hear your experience has not gone smoothly.

If you would like further assistance getting your forum up and running, please raise a support ticket for my attention and I will have a look and see what we can do to get it going.

MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I was more than happy to work with you, sadly, you refused to work with me, or outline the specific issues you were having wht the installer or our documentation for running the install.

Comment

• arie1985uk
        • Sep 2013
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Zachery
        I was more than happy to work with you, sadly, you refused to work with me, or outline the specific issues you were having wht the installer or our documentation for running the install.
        You call it "work with me" by asking me to look at the instructions myself, even though I already told you I have done so, then sorry but that is not "work with me", that's just trashing the customer with some generic response.

Anyway the only thing I'm interested is getting a refund for the product and you guys refusing to do so. Your policy of not issuing refunds after download is also disgrace.

Comment

• TLMD
          • Sep 2012
          • 5.6.X

Maybe you want to share what your exact problems are with installing vB5? There are many customers here, that have already set up a forum successfully, so maybe someone can give you a quick introduction on how to do this.

Comment

• arie1985uk
            • Sep 2013
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by TLMD
            Maybe you want to share what your exact problems are with installing vB5? There are many customers here, that have already set up a forum successfully, so maybe someone can give you a quick introduction on how to do this.
            I can't install the forum and I already gave up on it,
            I'm going to work with Invision Power for $10/month, it's much cheaper and doesn't cost much like $400 ....

I'm only asking for refund now.

Comment

• TLMD
              • Sep 2012
              • 5.6.X

So you don't want to give a vB5 installation another try at all?

Refunds are usually only given, if the software hasn't been downloaded so far. From the license agreement:

6. No Refund.

No refunds will be offered for the Software once it has been downloaded, except as required by law or as otherwise stated herein. If you are domiciled in the E.U., please refer to Section 19.

Comment

• arie1985uk
                • Sep 2013
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by TLMD
                So you don't want to give a vB5 installation another try at all?

Refunds are usually only given, if the software hasn't been downloaded so far. From the license agreement:
                I am not going to "work hard" just to get a forum installed, funny enough InvisionPower was installed on my website without any difficulties at all ... and it's working properly....
                You guys need to check your own software and make sure it's easy to install it.

I didn't pay $400 just to be forced to install a software and not getting any responses to my ticket neither.
                I understand your policy very well but if you keep on refusing to issue a refund, then I would keep on complaining and review your company with my point of view, what you do is totally unfair and if I knew it in advance (including your "No Refund" policy) I would have not bought the software in first place....

You wanna blame me now for not reading your terms? Want to tell me to beat it?
                Sorry, but what you do is UNETHICAL practice ... Invision Power is taking from me $10 a month, $10, not $400, and supplying me with far better product and service!!

Why would I go now with you? Because I already paid the $400?
                Sorry but I don't buy it ... double meaning....

If you want to play fair, issue a refund, and cancel that ridiculous bit from your policy, because this is UNETHICAL!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

You're comparing a hosted solution with a software package with a one-time fee.

Invision is $120 a year. As your site grows your expenses will as well. After 2 years, you'll have paid roughly the same as a basic vBulletin license. That isn't unethical, that is two different business models.

For refund discussion, you need to discuss this in your support tickets. This is not the place for this conversation.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...