X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenjMac
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Editing Option for Users

Hi, the following option does not exist at Settings > Options > Message Posting and Editing Options

Time Limit on Editing of Posts (default: 0)
    Number of minutes after which a user cannot continue to edit a given message.

I have a New 5.0.4. level 1 ...and looked very carefully for this option, it is not there???

Can you help? Thanks

P.S. I just noticed this option is also missing:

Time Limit on Adding a Poll to a Thread (default: 0)
    Number of minutes after which a user cannot a poll to a topic he or she just created.

All others seem to be there...
    Last edited by BenjMac; Mon 16 Sep '13, 5:36pm. Reason: realized another option is also missing...
  • TLMD
    • Sep 2012
    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by BenjMac
    Time Limit on Editing of Posts (default: 0)
    Number of minutes after which a user cannot continue to edit a given message.
    You can find the following in "AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > [Select a Usergroup and Edit their Settings]" under "Forum Permissions:

Time Limit for Editing Posts (hr)

Maybe this is what you are looking for? However, regarding the poll issue, there is no such option in vB5.

Comment

• BenjMac
      • Sep 2013
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by TLMD
      You can find the following in "AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > [Select a Usergroup and Edit their Settings]" under "Forum Permissions:

Time Limit for Editing Posts (hr)

Maybe this is what you are looking for? However, regarding the poll issue, there is no such option in vB5.
      Thanks, I forgot about that other setting to limit edit time, as a matter of fact I think I set one and now wonder if that overrides the other option or something. But, glad I at least know i can work it from there. Still can't limit a time for adding a poll though - not near as important to me as the other. Pretty sure I had these options before downloading my patch. Wonder if there could be a download to correct these missing options? Guess I might have to contact support directly... Thanks again!

P.S. I took that Poll Option right out of the vb manual copy & paste and know from using other vb boards that they are limited, usually within a couple minutes of making an Op.
      Last edited by BenjMac; Tue 17 Sep '13, 7:50pm.

Comment