X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grouper
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

Many things in vb5 not working

We migrated from phpbb3 to vb4 then up to 5. Our optimize / repair table just sits at 'Please wait' and our usergroup manager seems to not be loading the current settings. If I change a setting in usergroups it saves to the database (i tried changing the number of emails allowed for admins) and when the page reloads it doesn't reload the new values. But if I check in the database the new values seem to be in there.

When we migrated from phpbb one admin had over 805 PM's. When we migrated he deleted everything he had yet his 'pm stats' show he has 805. When I look at the overall pm stats the most someone has is 125. When I look at his personal stats for pm's it shows he has 805. No matter what I do I cannot reset that to 0 unless I manually edit the db (which I don't want to do).

Also everyone once in awhile I have to manually log into the database and run a truncate on the cache and cacheevent tables or else we cannot save any changes in the front end. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Grouper
    We migrated from phpbb3 to vb4 then up to 5. Our optimize / repair table just sits at 'Please wait' and our usergroup manager seems to not be loading the current settings. If I change a setting in usergroups it saves to the database (i tried changing the number of emails allowed for admins) and when the page reloads it doesn't reload the new values. But if I check in the database the new values seem to be in there.
    I haven't been able to recreate these.. Do you have some sort of caching enabled on your server that could prevent these from working properly? Optimize/Repair could be blocked by strict settings in Suhosin or mod_security as well.

When we migrated from phpbb one admin had over 805 PM's. When we migrated he deleted everything he had yet his 'pm stats' show he has 805. When I look at the overall pm stats the most someone has is 125. When I look at his personal stats for pm's it shows he has 805. No matter what I do I cannot reset that to 0 unless I manually edit the db (which I don't want to do).
    Did he empty his trash folder?

Also everyone once in awhile I have to manually log into the database and run a truncate on the cache and cacheevent tables or else we cannot save any changes in the front end. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
    This should be fixed in 5.0.4... If you're using 5.0.4, then you need to provide more information such as the last time the scheduled tasks ran on your server? vBulletin's scheduled tasks require traffic on the site and an the proper code in the footer. If you've modified the footer, you should revert it it to see if the issue continues. If not, you need to upgrade.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Grouper
      • Sep 2013
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

I haven't been able to recreate these.. Do you have some sort of caching enabled on your server that could prevent these from working properly? Optimize/Repair could be blocked by strict settings in Suhosin or mod_security as well.
      No we do not. Suhosin is disabled optimize/repair was working fine then just one day it stopped.

Did he empty his trash folder?
      Yes he has done this many times, I have even done this for him.

This should be fixed in 5.0.4... If you're using 5.0.4, then you need to provide more information such as the last time the scheduled tasks ran on your server? vBulletin's scheduled tasks require traffic on the site and an the proper code in the footer. If you've modified the footer, you should revert it it to see if the issue continues. If not, you need to upgrade.
      I am running 5.0.4 and have not changed the footer. However we are using a template that we purchased. What needs to be in the footer?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

The footer contains a number of javascript calls that need to be present in order for the software to work properly. If they are not there then things will definitely break. You need to compare your custom template with the default one using the tools in the AdminCP. When you go into the footer template, there should be a compare link on the left near the top.

Ultimately we would need at least a link to look at things. There is a problem with deleted PMs causing people to hit their limit. This should be fixed in the future. You can get around this by increasing the quota for PMs for different usergroups in the usergroup manager.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 12 Sep '13, 11:49am.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Grouper
          • Sep 2013
          • 5.0.X

Wayne, I tried increasing the limit but that doesn't work. It appears to save to the database as the new number, but when the page reloads it still shows the old number and not the new one written to the database. Even with the new value written to the database they still cannot get above the default limit.

Comment

• Grouper
            • Sep 2013
            • 5.0.X

I also compared the footers, they are the same except the current one has an additional .css file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...