X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddev
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

New Member Activation Links Incorrect

Just updated to 5.0.4, and new users signing up since the update are getting activation e-mails with incorrect links in them. It seems the links are correct except for the inclusion of "/core/" in the middle of the URL, e.g. http://mydomain.com/core/registration/activateUser?.... If I remove the "/core/" from the URL, it works as expected. I double-checked our settings under AdminCP->Settings->Options->Site Name/URL/Contact Details, and they look correct:

Core URL: http://mydomain.com/core
    Frontend URL: http://mydomain.com
    Frontend Login URL: http://mydomain.com
    Always use Forum URL as Base Path: Yes

The whole thing smacks of a simple configuration mistake, but I'm not seeing it. Thoughts?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you perhaps modified that phrase and it hasn't been updated? activateaccount_change_gemailbody

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ddev
      • Jul 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for your quick response, Lynne. I hadn't thought about the phrase side of things. I did some checking, and found the phrase in use (it was actually the one titled activateaccount_gemailbody). It has not been modified. I can see in the phrase text which of the placeholders contains the erroneous path (number 3, as it happens), but I don't know where I can change that.

Comment

• ddev
        • Jul 2011
        • 4.1.x

Is it correct to have our Core URL set to http://mydomain.com/core ? From what I've read elsewhere here in the forums, that seems to be what others are using, but it also happens to be the incorrect path our vB5 is using in these e-mails.

Comment

• ddev
          • Jul 2011
          • 4.1.x

Bump. Anyone?

Comment

• Richy
            • Oct 2011
            • 4.2.X

I have had the same issue and raised a support ticket. Below are responses from vBulletin:

1st Response:
            Currently there is no specific fix, only a workaround.
            The [email protected] simply puts the site URL into the email, this is adding the /core which it shouldn't do.
            If you send me the admincp credentials, the support team will edit the phrases so that it works in the emails. Not the ideal fix but it will get it working working.
            It is a bug in the software on some setups. I've had to apply this fix on a handful of sites.

2nd response:
            Here's a record of the ones changed, if you upgrade or change the site URL you may need to revert these:

activateaccount_change_gemailbody
            activateaccount_gemailbody
            moderation_validated_gemailbody
            moderateuser
            registeremail
            vBulletin Support

There has been an additional issue that this edit has caused, in that some internal variables have been inserted into some emails instead of the URLs. Am awaiting another edit, will let you know how I get on.

Comment

• ddev
              • Jul 2011
              • 4.1.x

Thanks for the info, Richy. Good stuff. I guess I'll try opening a formal ticket with vBulletin. Have you by chance looked at the phrases they modified for you? I'd be interested to know what was changed.

Comment

• Grouper
                • Sep 2013
                • 5.0.X

I'm having this same issue. If someone can tell us how they fixed it without us giving them admin access that would be great.

Comment

• ddev
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 4.1.x

I ended up just modifying the affected phrases myself, and hard-coding our site's base URL (sans 'core') in the place of that variable {3}. We're not about to go moving our site around, so it's reasonably safe. Not to mention, it sounds like what they would do for you if you gave them access.

Comment