Crashed Filedata Table. Support not Helping... Can you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CygnusFTK
    • Jun 2013
    • 5.0.X

Crashed Filedata Table. Support not Helping... Can you?

As Much as I WANT to Wait for a Response to My Support Ticket... I am not going to. Screw that. You have left my community high and dry for the better part of a day and I simply won't stand for it. I paid far too much money for this product to not be LOUD about this nonsense.

What would happen if I drop the filedata table and rebuild it, somehow? It seems that this is the heart of the myriad of issues I am having with this poorly-coded software... so what would happen if I just dropped it and then repaired or rebuilt it somehow?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

As answered in your ticket. You would lose all uploads to your site. Attachments, Galleries, Avatars, anything a user uploaded. This isn't recommended. In your ticket you said it was flagged as in use, this is common and many connections can use a table at once.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CygnusFTK
      • Jun 2013
      • 5.0.X

Thanks, Wayne. Truthfully, I am now coming to the belief that this is on BlueHost and their servers having communication issues. I keep getting 500 Internal Server errors and when the site does load, there are no Forums or Posts. I am truly at a loss as to how to proceed...

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

At this point, hope you or your webhost has a recent working backup.

Comment

• CygnusFTK
          • Jun 2013
          • 5.0.X

Worse case scenario for me, Zachery. I have a back-up from last Friday and I must have had a working copy of the entire database when I moved from GoDaddy to BlueHost and upgraded to vb5...

How are all of the attachments and avatars currently working on the site if this table is crashed? I am more than a little confused here.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

If the files are cached on your computer, or if the files are in the file system, they're outside of those tables. They'd work, until you poked things too hard. Hopefully its just a database lock, your webhost should be able to assist.

Comment

• CygnusFTK
              • Jun 2013
              • 5.0.X

At this point, I am having a hard time justifying to my users sticking with 5.x. I have my DB backup of 3.7.2 and believe that one of my next steps tonight will be downgrading my forums back to the 3.x level and wait for you guys to catch up with your ambitious selves. This will mean losing approximately two and a half weeks of posts and threads but at least my users will know that they can log in to the site and have it work as they have become accustomed to.

In reality, I will probably change the URL of the 5.x and continue to upgrade it - and allow your support to assist me in fixing it while I am still in the 1 month period - but will make it a non-used, non-linked site.

I love this software and have been using it since the early 3.x days and have hated to have this experience. I am pissed... but having read what has happened with this company, I know that it is not the developers' fault or the support guys' fault. This is squarely on the shoulders of those who call themselves "managers" and "executives" in your company. They should all be fired, honestly... and the developers with good heads should be promoted.

I can only help that things will improve and soon. Your brand is dying a fast and - to us loyal users, anyway - a painful death.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

There is no downgrade, you'll just have to restore your old database and go from there. however, your current issues with the locked/inuse/crashed tables has absolutely NOTHING to do with vBulletin itself. That is a MySQL issue, nothing more or less, and there is zip we can do about it without having full root access and a blank check to try to fix things.

Comment

• CygnusFTK
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 5.0.X

Yeah... having told people that it would cost 3 weeks of lost posts, they now want to stick with this latest version.

So... you are now telling me that this is strictly a MySQL issue and that the software is fine? Come now... we both now WAY better than this, Zachery. Perhaps we can take it to the support ticket I have open, though, and actually help me resolve the handful of issues that I have going on? I know for certain that you are only interested in providing the absolute best support you can provide in the first month of my using this new product.... right?

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Does the software have bugs, yes. Are MySQL tables locking/crashing a vBulletin issue? No. I am not going to lie to you about where you need to get support.

Comment

• CygnusFTK
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 5.0.X

So... things like... some boards allow sticky threads where some not only don't allow it... if you try to make a thread sticky it disappears from the board entirely. This is NOT a MySQL error. I mean... how could it be, right? If it was, it would be consistent through all boards, no?

Trust me... as pissed as I am with vBulletin right now, I recognize that my host (BlueHost) is crapping the bed pretty hard right now. I was on the phone with them 5 times yesterday over a 15 hour period. I am very persistent and will get this crap working one way or another.

I appreciate the discourse and the advice. I am positive we have not interacted for the last time.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

If you have attachments in the thread that you try to make sticky, it can disappear as long as the Filedata table is not repaired by your hosting provider. Most likely the fix requires them restarting MySQL which should take a few minutes.. Once that table it repaired. I can look at the other issues.

This is the error returned by page 2 of the first thread you reported your problem with:
                        Code:
                        Array
                        (
                            [0] => Array
                                (
                                    [0] => unexpected_error
                                    [1] => 
                                    Database error in vBulletin 5.0.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT f.*, fdr.resize_type, fdr.resize_filesize, fdr.resize_dateline, fdr.resize_width, fdr.resize_height, fdr.resize_filedata, fdr.reload
                                        FROM filedata AS f
                                        LEFT JOIN filedataresize AS fdr ON (fdr.filedataid = f.filedataid AND fdr.resize_type = 'thumb')
                                        WHERE f.filedataid IN (2715)
                        /**getFiledataWithThumb**/;

MySQL Error   : Table './nwdiscgo_nwd1scg0lf/filedata' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
                                    Error Number  : 144
                                    Request Date  : Wednesday, August 28th 2013 @ 12:03:07 PM
                                    Error Date    : Wednesday, August 28th 2013 @ 12:03:08 PM
                                    Script        : http:///forum/forum/general-conversation/northwest-disc-golf-news-website/11111-upgrade-status/page2
                                    Referrer      : http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/forum/general-conversation/northwest-disc-golf-news-website
                                    IP Address    : 98.148.145.177
                                    Username      : Sam
                                    Classname     : vB_Database_MySQLi
                                    MySQL Version : 5.5.33-log

Stack Trace:
                        #line vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/vb/database/mysqli.php on line 140
                        #line vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/vb/database.php on line 473
                        #line vB_Database->query_read() called in [path]/vb/db/result.php on line 122
                        #line vB_dB_Result->rewind() called in [path]/vb/db/result.php on line 59
                        #line vB_dB_Result->__construct() called in [path]/packages/vbforum/db/mysql/querydefs.php on line 3027
                        #line vBForum_dB_MYSQL_QueryDefs->getFiledataWithThumb() called in [path]/vb/db/query/method.php on line 175
                        #line vB_dB_Query_Method->execSQL() called in [path]/vb/db/assertor.php on line 282
                        #line vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 1671
                        #line vB_Library_Node->fetchNodeAttachments() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 1815
                        #line vB_Library_Node->addFullContentInfo() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 1291
                        #line vB_Library_Node->getFullContentforNodes() called in [path]/vb/api/search.php on line 362
                        #line vB_Api_Search->getMoreResults() called in [path]/vb/api/search.php on line 203
                        #line vB_Api_Search->getInitialResults() called in  on line 
                        #line call_user_func_array() called in [path]/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 117
                        #line vB_Api_Wrapper->__call() called in  on line 
                        #line vB_Api_Wrapper->getInitialResults() called in  on line 
                        #line call_user_func_array() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 79
                        #line Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php on line 472
                        #line vB5_Template_Runtime::parseData() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(275) : eval()'d code on line 197
                        #line eval() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 275
                        #line vB5_Template->render() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php on line 163
                        #line vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 298
                        #line vB5_Template->render() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 169
                        #line vB5_Frontend_Controller_Page->index() called in  on line 
                        #line call_user_func_array() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/index.php on line 72

)

[1] => Array
                                (
                                    [0] => exception_trace
                                    [1] => #0 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/database/mysqli.php(140): vB_Database->halt()
                        #1 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php(473): vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query(true, Object(mysqli))
                        #2 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/result.php(122): vB_Database->query_read('?????SELECT f.*...')
                        #3 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/result.php(59): vB_dB_Result->rewind()
                        #4 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/packages/vbforum/db/mysql/querydefs.php(3027): vB_dB_Result->__construct(Object(vB_Database_MySQLi), '?????SELECT f.*...')
                        #5 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/query/method.php(175): vBForum_dB_MYSQL_QueryDefs->getFiledataWithThumb(Array, Object(vB_Database_MySQLi), false, false)
                        #6 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php(282): vB_dB_Query_Method->execSQL()
                        #7 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/library/node.php(1671): vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery('vBForum:getFile...', Array)
                        #8 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/library/node.php(1815): vB_Library_Node->fetchNodeAttachments(Array)
                        #9 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/library/node.php(1291): vB_Library_Node->addFullContentInfo(Array, Array)
                        #10 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/api/search.php(362): vB_Library_Node->getFullContentforNodes(Array, Array)
                        #11 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/api/search.php(203): vB_Api_Search->getMoreResults(Array, '15', 2, '1')
                        #12 [internal function]: vB_Api_Search->getInitialResults(Array, '15', 2, '1')
                        #13 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/api/wrapper.php(117): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
                        #14 [internal function]: vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('getInitialResul...', Array)
                        #15 [internal function]: vB_Api_Wrapper->getInitialResults(Array, '15', 2, '1')
                        #16 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
                        #17 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php(472): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi('search', 'getInitialResul...', Array, false, true)
                        #18 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(275) : eval()'d code(197): vB5_Template_Runtime::parseData('search', 'getInitialResul...', Array, '15', 2, '1')
                        #19 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(275): eval()
                        #20 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php(163): vB5_Template->render(false)
                        #21 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(298): vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders('<meta http-equi...')
                        #22 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php(169): vB5_Template->render()
                        #23 [internal function]: vB5_Frontend_Controller_Page->index('11111', '2', '38', '94', '38', 'http://schema.o...')
                        #24 /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/index.php(72): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
                        #25 {main}
                                )

[2] => Array
                                (
                                    [0] => errormsg
                                    [1] => Error 
                                    Database error in vBulletin 5.0.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT f.*, fdr.resize_type, fdr.resize_filesize, fdr.resize_dateline, fdr.resize_width, fdr.resize_height, fdr.resize_filedata, fdr.reload
                                        FROM filedata AS f
                                        LEFT JOIN filedataresize AS fdr ON (fdr.filedataid = f.filedataid AND fdr.resize_type = 'thumb')
                                        WHERE f.filedataid IN (2715)
                        /**getFiledataWithThumb**/;

MySQL Error   : Table './nwdiscgo_nwd1scg0lf/filedata' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
                                    Error Number  : 144
                                    Request Date  : Wednesday, August 28th 2013 @ 12:03:07 PM
                                    Error Date    : Wednesday, August 28th 2013 @ 12:03:08 PM
                                    Script        : http:///forum/forum/general-conversation/northwest-disc-golf-news-website/11111-upgrade-status/page2
                                    Referrer      : http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/forum/general-conversation/northwest-disc-golf-news-website
                                    IP Address    : 98.148.145.177
                                    Username      : Sam
                                    Classname     : vB_Database_MySQLi
                                    MySQL Version : 5.5.33-log

Stack Trace:
                        #line vB_Database->halt() called in [path]/vb/database/mysqli.php on line 140
                        #line vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query() called in [path]/vb/database.php on line 473
                        #line vB_Database->query_read() called in [path]/vb/db/result.php on line 122
                        #line vB_dB_Result->rewind() called in [path]/vb/db/result.php on line 59
                        #line vB_dB_Result->__construct() called in [path]/packages/vbforum/db/mysql/querydefs.php on line 3027
                        #line vBForum_dB_MYSQL_QueryDefs->getFiledataWithThumb() called in [path]/vb/db/query/method.php on line 175
                        #line vB_dB_Query_Method->execSQL() called in [path]/vb/db/assertor.php on line 282
                        #line vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 1671
                        #line vB_Library_Node->fetchNodeAttachments() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 1815
                        #line vB_Library_Node->addFullContentInfo() called in [path]/vb/library/node.php on line 1291
                        #line vB_Library_Node->getFullContentforNodes() called in [path]/vb/api/search.php on line 362
                        #line vB_Api_Search->getMoreResults() called in [path]/vb/api/search.php on line 203
                        #line vB_Api_Search->getInitialResults() called in  on line 
                        #line call_user_func_array() called in [path]/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 117
                        #line vB_Api_Wrapper->__call() called in  on line 
                        #line vB_Api_Wrapper->getInitialResults() called in  on line 
                        #line call_user_func_array() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php on line 79
                        #line Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php on line 472
                        #line vB5_Template_Runtime::parseData() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(275) : eval()'d code on line 197
                        #line eval() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 275
                        #line vB5_Template->render() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php on line 163
                        #line vB5_Template_Cache->replacePlaceholders() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 298
                        #line vB5_Template->render() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 169
                        #line vB5_Frontend_Controller_Page->index() called in  on line 
                        #line call_user_func_array() called in /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/index.php on line 72

occurred in file /home3/nwdiscgo/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1191
                                )

)
                        A lot of text to be sure but it is basically telling me that the filedata table is crashed and I can't repair it with my tools. Can't back it up. Can't drop and replace it. BlueHost needs to repair it.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• CygnusFTK
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 5.0.X

I am happy to report that this was NOT a vBulletin issue (that I can tell) and that this WAS a Bluehost issue. For now, the table is repaired and the site is functioning properly (mostly).

Comment