Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

For chrome, and firefox, please try disabling your addons.

Next, can you please tell me the browser window size, as well as the overall desktop size?
    Are you using anything to increase the native rendering of windows/ui elements?
    This would be under Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

I'm running Windows 8.1 and I've got Chrome and Firefox installed, I use them daily in working with customer sites. Had I noticed that the site builder button was gone, I'd have raised some hell, trust me.

Its important to note that Site Builder requires a minimum resolution to display the site builder interface/buttons is 770px wide. If your browser window is too small, it won't display at all.

Comment

• Riasat
      • Aug 2006

Ok. I found the Band-Aid fix.

put this in your css_additional.css

Code:
      html.touch .edit-switch-container {
          display: block;
      }

The reason it is not showing up is because whatever script vb is using to detect browser capability is saying the environment is touch capable even if it is not.
      And vB wont show site builder if your system has touch (really!?).

Then again, in this age where almost all new computers have touch built in, the reason behind hiding site editor because the environment has touch capability is something I can not even begin to comprehend.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

After investigating all day yesterday, I've added this to JIRA here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-12590
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• unfv
          • Apr 2008

Hi, here some extra screenshots using different browsers on the same computer using Windows 8 OS:

Comment

• unfv
            • Apr 2008

just to update, solution sent by Riasat really worked. New screeshots attached:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...