"There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered”. If it’s not one thing, it is another [5.0.4]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryborg
    • Aug 2013
    • 5.0.X

"There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered”. If it’s not one thing, it is another [5.0.4]

I registered to be able to be able to post that I am getting an error preventing users from registering
    "Sorry, but the server is not responding properly to information requests. This may be a momentary problem. If you continue to receive this message and the site is otherwise functioning, please contact the site administrator.” pops up via the AJAX modal window. And now when I log in as admin, I get a blank page (no actual html content) with the message "There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered“.

I already tried disabling products and extensions. Adjusted anything that would cause the AJAX unicode bug, and I still couldn’t get registrations working again. To be accurate, the page is posting to
    forum/registration/registration
    with
    confirmpassword password
    email [email protected]
    email_confirm [email protected]
    password password
    securitytoken guest
    urlpath aHR0cDovL2hkYXMuY2EvZm9ydW0v
    username testuser
    and the response being returned is a full page and the content div contains
    That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Now the new problem that I described. This was an expensive product, recommended by several forum administrators in the Aquarium Hobbyists community, and since we are all non-profit the cost of this for us is even greater. I can understand when using the betas of v5 that there were a few bugs, but there have been 4 releases since this came out of beta, and it seems there are constant problems that a $400+ piece of software should have. Sure, I’m savvy enough to use the bug-tracker, but should I really have to hunt through it and patch something after paying so much? I am sure there are a few people here who agree with me.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Please open a support ticket and provide FTP information so we can look at your site in Debug mode.

Reference this topic in the ticket please.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment