Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rtfm1
    • Aug 2006

Upgrade problems

I am running VB 4.2.1 and want to connect to latest Vbulletin 5 Connect.

Currently my forum is running on domainname.com/forum.
    I downloaded the VB 5 software and placed it in domainname.com/newforum

Before starting the upgrade, I rename the config.php In the root - and also under core/includes/config.php - where I also edit the information so they match the information I already use today in my vbulletin 4 config.php

Before starting upgrade I close down my forum

I go to domainname.com/newforum/install/upgrade.php - where it recognize my old 4.2.1 version and click begin upgrade - which complete without errors

Afterwards I rename the "install" folder. When I than go to the forum, everything is gone of posts and users. So I am unable to login to admincp or to see any of the 1000 posts there should be.

What is wrong ? - is it something in the config.php files that is wrong which cause everything is empty. Have tried to run this upgrade 5-6 times, and everytime it just finalize with an empty forum
  • rtfm1
    • Aug 2006

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Is VB4 still in /forum?

If so rename /forum to /forumold

And rename /newforum to /forum

And now try to access the site.

Comment

• rtfm1
        • Aug 2006

After installation of VB5 - I renamed /newforum to /forum - but than following error comes:

Fatal error: Class 'vB' not found in /var/www/domainanme/public_html/forum/includes/vb5/template.php on line 129

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

One or more files&folders are missing, try reuploading the software again.

Comment

• rtfm1
            • Aug 2006

Now it seems to work. But seems like there is a template problem. No images at all is shown. I have tried to create new template(default vb5), but still only non formatted text and no colour and no images

Comment

• rtfm1
              • Aug 2006

I found it - had to correct the forum path.

I am a bit confused. There stands : Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

To edit or remove this module, click "edit site", then "edit page".

But there is nothing to click on or edit - and I am logged in as admin

and another major things: I can see the post names - but when trying to enter a thread is say:
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              Last edited by rtfm1; Thu 15 Aug '13, 1:29pm.

Comment