Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zonaw
    • May 2013

Registration errors

All new users who attempt to register (and some registered users) on my site http://www.forosecuador.ec are getting this error, just after register:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
    Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin
    They cant see any of my forum pages... already check the user group manager and it seems normal:

Registered Users
    Can View Channels Yes
    Can View Topic Content Yes
    Can View Others' Topics Yes
    Can Download Attachments Yes
    Can See Deletion Notices No
    Can See Thumbnails Yes
    Can Join Channel Yes
    Can Upload Channel Icons No
    Can Upload Animated Channel Icons No
    Can Configure Channel No

What can i do? it makes no sense a forum where people cant register
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You said you checked the Usergroup Manager, but could you have changed the permissions under Channel Management > Channel Permissions > find forum/usergroup?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• zonaw
      • May 2013

Its normal...

Channel Permissions For Usergroup: "Registered Users" In Channel "Forum"

Can View Channels Yes
      Can View Topic Content Yes
      Can View Others' Topics Yes
      Can Post Topics Yes
      Can Reply to Own Topics Yes
      Can Reply to Others' Topics Yes
      Can Edit Own Posts Yes
      Can Delete Own Posts Yes

My forum its 3 months old, fresh install, did not change any forum permissions. Some registered users can login normally some cant... as far as i can test all new users cant see the content of the site after login

Comment

• zonaw
        • May 2013

It is possible that my forum sets an "antispam" filter/mode? and thats why new users cant login normally

Please i need help

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

When did this start happening? No third party addons? You've tried using the default style and language?

Comment

• zonaw
            • May 2013

- Im using default style, just change footer to add Google Analytics
            - No third party addons
            - Default languaje: "English", translated some words to spanish using "Phrase Manager"

I noticed this a few days ago, when one of my users report this issue... Im running Version 5.0.4

Comment

• zonaw
              • May 2013

Please help, my site is useless right now... whats the point to have a forum where people cant register?

Comment

• zonaw
                • May 2013

Its seems that the problem its related to:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/422074-completely-lost-setting-up
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/418055-installed-but-nothing-seems-to-work
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-feedback/4011338-that-action-cannot-be-completed-clean-5-0-5-install

- "BOM files"... i use MAC, and "Editra" to edit config.php file. I dont know why, but that seems to be the problem

Now i change the codification of the file config.php to ANSI and ask my users to login... i hope this solves mi problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...