• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulhas
    • Aug 2013
    • 5.0.X

New Site with 5.0.4 having issues with what appears lag

First Ill start with my forum it is

What the issue is, when you first load the page it loads great but it takes a full 21 seconds for the buttons to become accessible, you can mouse over nothing will happen. Than when you log in it takes another 21 seconds to do anything. It does not load that you are logged in until you are able to click a page. So now it takes bassically a full minute to get to see what has been happening on the site

Could really use some insight on this, I had around 15 emails with complaints of LAG time or an unreponsive site

Thanks Ahead

Joe
  • enCyde
    • Jul 2013
    • 5.0.X

I'm having exactly the same problem. Take annoying time to load my site.

Comment

• vskylabv
      • Feb 2009
      • 3.8.x

The site itself loads pretty well for me but posting takes maybe a full minute. Working with support on fixing this.
      Art of Travel Blogging : The Travel Blogging Community for Beginners and Professionals

Comment

• bulhas
        • Aug 2013
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by vskylabv
        The site itself loads pretty well for me but posting takes maybe a full minute. Working with support on fixing this.
        any luck mine seems to have gotten worse today, up to around 1 minute to be able to do anything...

Comment

• scamtacular
          • Mar 2012
          • 5.0.X

vBulletin puts servers under huge load, forum runs fast on a VPS now as shared hosting just couldn't take it

Comment

• scamtacular
            • Mar 2012
            • 5.0.X

@Bulhas - It could be the JavaScript taking a while to load - use Firefox developer tools when the page loads.

Press F12 then select Net and you'll see what takes the longest to load.

I did it and it seems to me to be JavaScript files and PNG images. Something like Cloudflare would do it the world of good!

http://tools.pingdom.com is also *very* useful, it gives recommendations and I've just run your site through it - it's your PNG and JPG images and the CSS.php stylesheet (so I take it your stylesheets are stored in the database - try switching to file - make sure the CSS/stylesheet directory is writable.

Not sure why the images are so slow to load - I had an issue on my site Scammed.by where images would take 10 seconds or longer to load with IIS (the server, 12 years old, has Server 2008 on it). I switched to Apache and they loaded much faster. I added Cloudflare - even faster. Then I took away the flashy landing page because it was pointless

Comment

• bulhas
              • Aug 2013
              • 5.0.X

yah didnt fix it......

also now lots of complaints of empty response ..... really regretting getting 5.0.4 put on

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

What happens on a completely default style with no customizations or modifications?

Comment

• GameDude
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 5.0.X

Some of my users are having the same issues with lag that are mentioned here.
                  I'm running default everything. The only thing I've changed since I installed vB 5 yesterday was the logo, and I did a clean install so there was no prior modifications or anything installed that could be causing an issue.

Comment

• rhens
                    • Sep 2012

i'm assuming the op has fixed this issue. i opened the site, went into forums, selected a specific forum, then a specific thread.......none of those took longer than 2 seconds

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by rhens
                      i'm assuming the op has fixed this issue. i opened the site, went into forums, selected a specific forum, then a specific thread.......none of those took longer than 2 seconds
                      Guest User page views are cached more efficiently as they change the least over time.

-----
                      To the original poster:
                      We would need a login to your site. To see what your end users are seeing.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• bulhas
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 5.0.X

Hi Wayne

sorry the delayed response, Ive been going around the country
                        Some issues have been solved in person with some people, but I personally have never seen so many little issues that some of the guys are having..... One guy could not log in for the life of him in Opera, once I changed him over to safari it logged in, but it had the same lag. I personally changed to Chrome but it was still very slow, it take 20 seconds at time in order to click anything. We have worked around some of the bugs, but its not perfect

username: guest
                        pw: testing
                        Last edited by bulhas; Fri 20 Sep '13, 5:42am.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Your forum url is seto to http://forum.teaoa.ca/ in the software, if you access it from a url, different from what is setup in the software. It will cause issues.

Comment

• bulhas
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 5.0.X

what a world of a difference lol

thanks, setting up a redirect to solve this issue!!! thanks a bunch

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Its one of the first things I check now. The way the software works, we do a lot of stuff with ajax/javascript. Ajax/javascript doesn't work across domains generally for security reasons. Good for security of the web, bad for vBulletin in this specific case. There is a bug where an js handler will continue to call a url until it gets the response it thinks it should. If it comes back blank because of cross domain things, it goes on forever.

Comment