Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wb1986
    • Jan 2013

New Topic button is gone

Site has been fine on 5.0.2 and 5.0.3 after updating it to 5.0.4 the NEW TOPIC button to post topics is gone. What do I need to do to enable this again?
  • captainslater
    • Jun 2006

Have you checked usergroup permissions?
    To infinity and beyond!
    Deutschsprachige vBulletin News & Tipps
    captainslater
    - Eine vBulletin Cloud-Site

Comment

• wb1986
      • Jan 2013

I fixed it from swapping BUT after a while it gets disabled again and I need to swap it again. This is happening after updating to 5.0.4. 5.0.3 and 5.0.2 were fine. But this is absolutely insane it is disabling replies and new topic. It looks like a bug with the update.

See below

Inherit from parent(this will delete any existing permissions)Use Custom Permissions

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

What do you mean that you fixed it by "swapping" - exact what are you doing to make it show again?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• wb1986
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Lynne
          What do you mean that you fixed it by "swapping" - exact what are you doing to make it show again?
          Just tapping on

Inherit from parent(this will delete any existing permissions)
          or
          Use Custom Permissions

then saving it

This thing resets and removes/disables the new topic and reply button after some time. It's very frustrating because it was fine before 5.0.4!
          Last edited by wb1986; Wed 7 Aug '13, 7:31am.

Comment

• wb1986
            • Jan 2013

The problem is 100% the upgrade 5.0.4. I downgraded back to 5.0.3 and It's fine.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

There is no way to downgrade, did you restore a backup to a clean database?

Comment

• wb1986
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Zachery
                There is no way to downgrade, did you restore a backup to a clean database?
                Yes I restored a backup. But I also downgraded by just swapping the files from 5.0.4 to 5.0.3 so it's a problem with the update, yes it doesn't fully function but it functions enough for me to see the topic button appear.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

If you didn't take the time to restore it to a clean database, you might hae caused yourself problems. I'd highly recommend making sure you restore your backup to a clean database to ensure you don't get conflicts in the future.

Comment

• wb1986
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Zachery
                    If you didn't take the time to restore it to a clean database, you might hae caused yourself problems. I'd highly recommend making sure you restore your backup to a clean database to ensure you don't get conflicts in the future.
                    I know how to delete a database and restore it. You're using terms to confuse people.

I deleted everything from version 5.0.4 including the database.

Then place version 5.0.3 back in and including the 5.0.3 back up i made before the update. What clean database are you talking about? The problem is with the update.

Comment