• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IggyP
    • Mar 2012

posting and ajax unicode issue

hello,
    i am having the posting/editing issues after upgrade to 5.0.3

i have tried some fixes that failed, but now i notice this in diagnostics which i wonder could be related:

"The above setting will indicate if mod_security is preventing some AJAX requests from being submitted to vBulletin. If this shows Yes then you either need to disable mod_security or change the AJAX settings with the vBulletin Options and disable Problematic features."

it is showing yes for the ajax unicode issue..

i cannot find "AJAX settings with the vBulletin options" and it seems mod_security is best not disabled..

can i simply add a rule to mod_security?

can someone please help me with this fix?
    Last edited by IggyP; Wed 3 Jul '13, 12:46am.
  • IggyP
    • Mar 2012

thanks to zachery i seem to be on the healing side of the posting/editing issues...low php/sql limits by default on my new server i guess...

still getting the ajax unicode issue in diagnostics tho, is this a bug? i saw some odd comments about false positives or something on this issue...

Comment

• DigitalElise
      • Jan 2013
      • 4.2.X

I am having the same issue here, extreamly annoying as I have tried editing the php.ini and the .htaccess but nothing changes this error.

Comment

• thecojuk
        • Mar 2012
        • 3.8.x

I am having the same issue to. I have change charset mysql disable mod_security but doesn't work. This is serious problem for me. Visitors first look viewing in 20-30 second.

Comment