X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mat8861
    • Jan 2011

Redirect not working on NAVBAR

I have vb5 installed in folder "forum" under /public_html/
    Now if I type www.mysite.org/forum I get a blank page, while if I type www.mysite.org/forum/index.php I can access the forum. Let's say it's ok since there is no rewrite condition on site root. The problem is on the navbar, if I click on blogs or groups the redirect works ok I get www.mysite.org/forum/social-groups and www.mysite.org/forum/blogs but if I click on forums goes to ww.mysite.org/forum instad of www.mysite.org/forum/index.php
    Where can I fix this ? I found lots of posts for vb4 but none for vb5 (cannot find in vb5 admincp/settings/navigation bar)
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Is this a fresh install ? If you upgraded from VB3 or VB4 make sure you have deleted those files before you upload the VB5 files.

Comment

• mat8861
      • Jan 2011

it's a clean vb5 install, today I upgraded to 5.03 also, overwriting everything. What I do not understand is that no redirect exist in the domain root, so using www.mysite.org/forum/index.php should work, which it does on pure link. Like I said if I hit on navbar blogs or groups link works, I mean the link is not lost, when I click on forums goes on www.mysite.org/forum/ with a blank page (obviously).
      Is there any place I can force the tab to go on www.mysite.org/forum/index.php ?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Do you have an index.html file in there? That would cause your "blank" page

Comment

• mat8861
          • Jan 2011

No in domain root there is an index.html that redirects to other stuff (it is original,not modified) then I created the "forum" folder and installed vb5 in there.
          My scope is to set/finalize the forum and once it's all up and running I will add the redirect on the main index.html. So nothing was changed in domain root as well as in forum folder, just created the folder forum and installed vb5 in there. Now what I do not understand is why only the forum tab does not redirect me to index.php while it's ok for groups and blogs.
          Shall I try to add something in /forum/index.php or the main index.html ??

Comment

• mat8861
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Zachery
            Do you have an index.html file in there? That would cause your "blank" page
            you were right, deleted the page and it works. Thanks !!

Comment