Set Maximum Displayed Threads Before Page Split - missing ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • discoverxs3
    • Jun 2013
    • 5.2.x

Set Maximum Displayed Threads Before Page Split - missing ?

vBulletin Options -> Forum Display Options (forumdisplay).

-> Set Maximum Displayed Threads Before Page Split

is it missing in VB5 ?

and whats the way to control how many topics they are in channels (globally for all channels)

www.DiscoverXS.com - Putting the XS back into life™
    The first Pheromone Research community based on vBulletin Verion 5.x
  • dfairclothms3
    • May 2013

noticed this and want to change this also

Comment

• IggyP
      • Mar 2012

just noticed this...i could swear ive set it before but now im not seeing it

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

It's in SIte Builder. Edit the module, it will apply to all forums if you save using the same template.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• IggyP
          • Mar 2012

oops my mistake..... good info but im looking for default maximum posts per topic...in admin cp it says the setting above but there isnt one
          Attached Files

Comment

• discoverxs3
            • Jun 2013
            • 5.2.x

@IggyP
            sorry i forgot to post my findings.

But as Mark said
            you can change the count from the in page editor it self.

www.DiscoverXS.com - Putting the XS back into life™
            The first Pheromone Research community based on vBulletin Verion 5.x

Comment

• IggyP
              • Mar 2012

thanks for the info...finally found it..

imho, thats a pretty akward way to go about it, no option in admin cp and you have to click a topic then go into the site editor to get to the conversation module....getting used to vb5 still i guess, but im wondering if its possible to set different max posts per topic for different channels??

for example some image heavy channels i wish to have lower max posts per page than the rest of the forums but not sure if or how i can do this?

changing the conversation module in any topic seems to effect the whole site..

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by IggyP
                thanks for the info...finally found it..

imho, thats a pretty akward way to go about it, no option in admin cp and you have to click a topic then go into the site editor to get to the conversation module....getting used to vb5 still i guess, but im wondering if its possible to set different max posts per topic for different channels??

for example some image heavy channels i wish to have lower max posts per page than the rest of the forums but not sure if or how i can do this?

changing the conversation module in any topic seems to effect the whole site..
                This functionality has been moved into site builder because it's generally a more user friendly way to do things and more in line with what users expect in a modern application.

You can have different settings per forum...pick the one you want to be "different" to the rest, edit the setting, and then as you are saving it, give it a different template name. It will then apply only to that forum.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------

Comment

• IggyP
                  IggyP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  excellent thank you this will be a big help for us
              • IggyP
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mark.B
                This functionality has been moved into site builder because it's generally a more user friendly way to do things and more in line with what users expect in a modern application.

You can have different settings per forum...pick the one you want to be "different" to the rest, edit the setting, and then as you are saving it, give it a different template name. It will then apply only to that forum.
                ok wait a minute.....

so how do you do that?

i changed my settings as i need, click "no" button for overwrite template option, enter new name, click ok when it says settings will only apply to this page...then it reloads topic with same ammt of posts as rest of forum......did i do something wrong?

Comment

• IggyP
                  • Mar 2012

i was able to get this to work, but had to go back and forth a couple times and some rigging...

once you create the "new template" it doesnt implement the effect, i needed to edit it again, change the settings again then choose overwrite template>yes and it will apply that setting to only this forum...

really nice feature tho once you get it going

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

i was able to get this to work, but had to go back and forth a couple times and some rigging...

once you create the "new template" it doesnt implement the effect, i needed to edit it again, change the settings again then choose overwrite template>yes and it will apply that setting to only this forum...

really nice feature tho once you get it going
                    Indeed...it takes some getting used to as it's a departure from everything that's ever gone before, but once you get there, it's lots better.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------

Comment

• jkotlowski
                      • May 2015
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
                      It's in SIte Builder. Edit the module, it will apply to all forums if you save using the same template.

Hi Mark. Has something been done to this feature in one of the later updates? When I click the edit button on the Conversation Detail Module, it doesn't do anything. No pop-up menu to allow for adjustments. I can edit other modules, this one specifically will not work. I've tried in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge, just to verify it wasn't an issue with my browser and nothing,

-edit-

Also cleared system cache, as I believe that had helped a similar problem I had once. And I rebuilt topic information, thinking maybe it would have some effect. No dice on anything. It's almost as if it's not even a button now, like it's just a picture that can't be clicked.
                      Last edited by jkotlowski; Sun 27 Mar '16, 5:30am.
                      Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

• IggyP
                        • Mar 2012

im pretty sure there is currently a bug that will not allow you to edit the conversation detail module...right?
                        i did also notice that recently fwiw...pretty sure i saw it in jira but dont know # offhand...

Comment

• jkotlowski
                          • May 2015
                          • 5.1.x

im pretty sure there is currently a bug that will not allow you to edit the conversation detail module...right?
                          i did also notice that recently fwiw...pretty sure i saw it in jira but dont know # offhand...

I did find it, but it seems they've marked it as fixed.

Someone else, Brad Padgett, make a topic about this yesterday as well.
                          Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

• IggyP
                            • Mar 2012

hmm...oh thats oold tho...should be a more recent one?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...