• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dzi13
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

redirect old vb4 links - issue with htaccess

Hi,

I want to redirect some old forum link to other parts of my web page. For example, old Arcade page www.site.com/forum/arcade.php I wan't redirect to www.site.com/page.html.

When I add this line to vb5 htaccess file:
    RedirectMatch 301 /arcade.php$ http://www.site.com/page.html
    I got this as result:

How I can make redirection without ?routestring=arcade.php?
    Download Windows Software
  • Dzi13
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

generaly how to rewrite old vb4 links?

For example I wan't to redirect old url www.site.com/forum/url-old to www.site.com/forum/. How can I do this without geting link with ?routestring= after (I want old links redirect to forum homepage)?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Rather than messing with the htaccess file, you would be better off with a custom 404 error page the redirects everyone to your site.com/forum/ page- this way if they enter ANY URL that doesn't exist they get brought to your forum homepage.

Comment

• Dzi13
        • Oct 2009
        • 3.8.x

How?

I added to my htaccess file: ErrorDocument 404 /404.html

and created 404.html file but I still get vbulletin page with message "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.".

I have more than 40.000 dead links from vb4. I want to redirect all error to home page. How to do that?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

You're right. I forgot VB5 shows its own error message.

This should have been fairly easy, and I was going to suggest in that case just adding a redirect to the error phrase displayed on the error page when a file doesn't exist.

However in my testing it turns out this isn't possible to what I believe to be a bug - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10300 - where HTML in the error message isn't treated as HTML.

So back to square 1, and I do not know how to change the htaccess file to do your custom forwarding, sorry.

Comment

• Dzi13
            • Oct 2009
            • 3.8.x

Ok. I have done some coding and managed to redirect 404 errors but there should be some option or easier way in one of next vb releases.

Comment