X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oxegen
    • Dec 2011

5.0.2 Fresh Install - no admincp access

Good morning.

I have done a fresh install of vB 5.0.2 on a new server; all has gone well except I cannot get to admincp. I can get to /core/admincp and login, and the forum itself works correctly, but when I go to either /admincp or /modcp I get this message:

"That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message. "

Obviously I have searched the forums and found the various issues with the two config files. I have played with those, checked the file paths and I am certain they are correct, but clearly something is amiss somewhere. I have tried it in different browsers to eliminate cache issues and yet the problem remains.

My URL is www.thetradingforum.com

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks
  • Teascu Dorin
    • Aug 2010

Make sure that you have the right URLs in both config.php files, and then may be your link in ACP settings is broken. Maybe you've deleted or didn't put /core at the end.
    Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
    CEO & Founder (Design and Support)
    Romanian Translator
    Teascu Dorin

Comment

• oxegen
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by oxegen
      I have searched the forums and found the various issues with the two config files. I have played with those, checked the file paths and I am certain they are correct, but clearly something is amiss somewhere. I have tried it in different browsers to eliminate cache issues and yet the problem remains.

My URL is www.thetradingforum.com

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks
      I have checked and am certain that the config.php files are correct. Everything works apart from being able to get to admincp or modcp.

Comment

• oxegen
        • Dec 2011

So ... nobody has any ideas?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

What is the exact value you have for Admin CP -> Settings -> options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Core URL?

What is the exact base URL you have in /config.php?

Did you make any edits to the .htaccess file?

Are you sure you have a directory /admincp/ in your website root folder?

Comment