Can't wait for 5.0.3 - Looks like its moving along great in Jira!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wdwms
    • Jan 2013
    • 4.2.X

Can't wait for 5.0.3 - Looks like its moving along great in Jira!!

Eagerly awaiting the new pagination in 5.0.3 - We've had "missing" pages since January so we can't wait for this release. On Jira it looks like 5.0.3 is going to be on the heals of 5.0.2! 70% of the issues are already approved on staging, its been moving swiftly over the past few days!

Keep up the great work VB, i know many have written off VB 5, and we for sure have seen lots of the major issues on our site - but in the end it should be pretty sweet
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

By the time a release goes out the new release is already being developed. The developers are ahead of everyone on builds, A/B testers test these builds, and QA eventually certifies a build which is what you guys get.

Comment

• wdwms
      • Jan 2013
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      By the time a release goes out the new release is already being developed. The developers are ahead of everyone on builds, A/B testers test these builds, and QA eventually certifies a build which is what you guys get.
      Yah I see all the activity in Jira for all the upcoming versions. . I was surprised how far a long 5.0.3 was. When 5.01 came out, 5.02 was no where near ready.

Comment

• DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

+1. Been watching it too.

Comment

• Grotesque
          • Dec 2012
          • 4.2.X

Definitely gives me a good feeling that the DEVs are back on track with their fast resolvements!

Comment

• br4sco
            • Mar 2007

ive been waiting for vBulletin to make their software just like this for the longest, i don't see how you couldn't be happy with it.

Comment

• DemOnstar
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by br4sco
              i don't see how you couldn't be happy with it.
              Not exactly happy, as in over the moon but happier to see it improving. Moving in the right direction so to speak.

Comment

• IggyP
                • Mar 2012

ya, im happy the way its going as well...i expect thousands of bugs this early of vb release even tho its out of beta, lol(cant change forum logo?)...giving me time to figure what i want to modify etc and starting over with vb5 is still easier than coding vb4 how i wanted it!

can someone pls show me the link to get to this page? cant find it anywhere...
                Attached Files

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

If you're having issues changing the logo, please open a support ticket or thread. The logo change works fine.

Comment

• IggyP
                  • Mar 2012

ok zachery will do!...still half trying to fig jira, usually for obvious stuff i just wait, lol, but wanting to be more involved with vb5...

@DemOnstar: thank you for posting but thats still not the same link as the attachment i posted....did they change it so it doesnt have the progress bar anymore?

looking for somewhere it says like 70% finished n such...

Comment

• wdwms
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 4.2.X

Wow, 81% complete as of a few minutes ago!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by wdwms
                    Wow, 81% complete as of a few minutes ago!
                    There are several queues at work here. You shouldn't rely on the 5.0.3 version alone. If you do then you'll end up disappointed.

First there is a queue of things that need to be completed in the current version. These queues have a prefix of BRB. So for 5.0.3, it would be BRB 5.0.3. You can see it here:

There is also the currently work which are called Sprints. The developers are on Sprint 72 which is also slated for 5.0.3 currently. You can see that here:

There is also the BRB Needs Review Queue. These are items that need to be reviewed by the Bug Review Board (BRB) to see if they get included in the current version being worked on or can be moved to a future version. Finally, there are critically dangerous bugs that are discovered or regressions from previous versions of 5.0.X. These go into a Next queue which trumps everything above. If something takes too much time to resolve, then the BRB may have to remove something from one of the above queues. It happens frequently, unfortunately.

The developers are working hard though. They solved 440 issues in 5.0.2. Currently it looks like they are on track to resolve 375 issues in 5.0.3. Could very well change though. 1 issue may take 5 minutes to fix. Others may take 5 hours. Or even longer.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• anwar513
                      anwar513 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke

The developers are working hard though. They solved 440 issues in 5.0.2. Currently it looks like they are on track to resolve 375 issues in 5.0.3. Could very well change though. 1 issue may take 5 minutes to fix. Others may take 5 hours. Or even longer.
                      For example, this problem http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8067 how long it takes to solve ?
                      Thank you !
                      Last edited by anwar513; Thu 16 May '13, 9:59am.

• Merenguista
                      Merenguista commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And in BRB Needs Review 5.0.4 there are 857 issues !!! incredible !
                  • napy8gen
                    • Jul 2001
                    • 6.X

I am waiting for sprite icon editor :-)
                    Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

For example, this problem http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8067 how long it takes to solve ?
                      I don't know. It has never been assigned to someone for completion and has fairly low visibility among our market share. Just because an improvement request is in JIRA, it doesn't mean it is going to be fixed immediately. Or even at all. It could be decided not to do that.

I am waiting for sprite icon editor :-)
                      This is in JIRA as well. You can see and comment on it here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4185. Higher visibility but a higher level of effort as well.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...