Trouble installing vb 5.0.2 (stuck at step 2 or 11, java script error, unexpected text)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank.Yates
    • Apr 2013

Trouble installing vb 5.0.2 (stuck at step 2 or 11, java script error, unexpected text)

Well I'm trying to install the new vb 5.0.2 to a new host but I'm having trouble trying to install it, it keeps getting stuck at step 2, sometimes I get the unexpected error or it gets stuck on step 11 if I'm lucky. If i try to refresh it I get javascript error, I need to open it in a new page. I never had any of this problem on 5.0.1 in my old host.

I'm just not in the mood to figure it out myself, long day.
  • Frank.Yates
    • Apr 2013

Did a bit of research, heard is because of PHP script timeout limit or something set too low, and since the install script takes some time it just stops after reaching the time PHP configuration timeout is set to.

max_execution_time - Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds: 30
    max_input_time - Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data: 60

Those two line above is the info I got from my host in PHP configuration page, I have asked the technician to increase the time up to 600 seconds (10mins) then I hope it would work.

Comment

• Frank.Yates
      • Apr 2013

I can confirm 100% I fixed my issue by increasing the value of these 3 settings below.

max_execution_time (PHP)
      max_input_time (PHP)

Apache Timeout

Comment