Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kent55
    • Oct 2012

Fresh install of vB 5.0.2 and...

Hi, I was running a fresh install of vBulletin 5.0.2 and I manually filled in the config.php file then uploaded the files to my server, but when I run the install script I am given the make config file page, where it asks me to fill in details that I have already manually done. So I fill it in as I can't find a way around it and I am met with this error: "Error - Could not open frontend config file." I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Regards
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Can you confirm the file config.php exists in your forum root directory? How are you uploading files? FTP? Make sure if you're using windows the files aren't really called config.php.txt if you have "Hide extensions for known file types" enabled. (The worst Windows feature ever.)

Comment

• Kent55
      • Oct 2012

I am using FileZilla to upload the files. I have added a picture of the files I am uploading to my server.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Both config.php files should be .php types, you might want to show file extensions for known file types. It'll help.

Comment

• Kent55
          • Oct 2012

I had them as config.php files but it still gave me the same problem.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Based on your screen shot you provided you don't. Can you open a support ticket with ftp info so we can take a look?

Comment

• Kent55
              • Oct 2012

Sure thing, I will open it when I get back on.

Thanks.

Comment

• Kent55
                • Oct 2012

Okay, I have managed to install it but when I try to go to either the mod or admin CP I am given this error: "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5 requires URL rewriting. Usually this is provided by the provided .htaccess or the web.config (IIS Only). If you did not upload those files, it will not work. If you are using IIS, then you will need to install the URL Rewrite module available on Microsoft's Website and in their Web Platform Installer.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kent55
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 requires URL rewriting. Usually this is provided by the provided .htaccess or the web.config (IIS Only). If you did not upload those files, it will not work. If you are using IIS, then you will need to install the URL Rewrite module available on Microsoft's Website and in their Web Platform Installer.
                    Sorry for the late reply, I have downloaded the URL Rewrite Module, but I'm not too sure what I do now?

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Its something you need to install on your server.

Comment