Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DemOnstar
    • Nov 2012

Registration notifications

I have now got my site installed on localhost, I am beginning to play around with it. I have added a couple of phoney users to help with the various aspects of development. One thing I have noticed is that I get no notification of a new sign up. Is there something that I must enable in order to get a notification of a new sign up?

Thanks..

• Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

What kind of notification do you mean? Email? is it enabled for your localhost?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Hartmut
      What kind of notification do you mean?
      I was expecting notifications in my message center. I will enable email notifications but I think it would be more efficient to have them dropped into my message center.
      Thanks..

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

There has never been notifications in the message center for new registrations. The Admin can specify an email address to notify but that is it.

Comment

• DemOnstar
          • Nov 2012

Thanks for your response.

Originally posted by Joe D.
          The Admin can specify an email address to notify but that is it.
          Not good enough for me Joe, If I open up my site, I want all information related to every aspect of activity channeled to my message centre. I don't really want to have to check emails every time. Possibly related to http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8950

Not sure how other people feel about these changes.

Originally posted by Joe D.
          There has never been notifications in the message center for new registrations.
          Then isn't it time to change that?

Notifications can be sent to emails also, but since I (personally) would be more interested in the activity on my site, I would be logging in there rather than checking emails. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9570

Not sure how you feel about that... Please tell....

Comment