Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoover
    • Dec 2008

Undefined Index on line 60

I have a lot of issues with new posts or replies stalling. It works fine in most of my discussion groups, but in my largets discusion / forum, it fails every time... the new threads are added to the node table, but show empty data for the post details.

I'm also seeing this error in my log files. I think this is related to slowness when visitors post new topics. what is causing this error::::::::::::

[Sat Apr 27 16:49:34 2013] [error]PHP Notice: Undefined index: p in /var/www/mysite.net/core/vb5/route/legacy/thread.php on line 60
    [Sat Apr 27 16:49:34 2013] [error] PHP Notice: Undefined index: postid in /var/www/mysite.net/core/vb5/route/legacy/thread.php on line 60

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This wouldn't slow down your site. Simply an undefined variable. There are several. The developers are working to make the product Notice free but it isn't the highest priority right now.

What is your server load when you have problems? Is this a shared server?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• hoover
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      This wouldn't slow down your site. Simply an undefined variable. There are several. The developers are working to make the product Notice free but it isn't the highest priority right now. What is your server load when you have problems? Is this a shared server?
      thanks for the reply. I see crashes or posting errors with really low traffic / server load. but 'WAITING' for posts or new threads to be processed can take 30 seconds. in one forum they simply fail 100% of the time. Here's what I've found so far...

here's a summary of the issues...

threads take a long time to proces
      server had crashing issues with 5.0.0 and they corrupted the database (sometimes apache2 was restarted while people were trying to post new threads)
      threads hit the 'node' table, but were showing zero data. if I delete the corrupt notes, the forums will begin showing threads again.
      I had a second discussion group / forum get corrupted, but I deleted all of the node entries to the point of the last known clean thread. problem fixed.
      my big forum / discussion area (over 2M posts) is really corrupted and all new threads show errors 100% of the time, and display as having no data associated with the node/thread.

forum here if you care to observe: http://www.uselessjunk.net (general discussion is the area with the big issues... I finally have the threads displaying again. prior to purging about 60 corrupt new threads, it would show no data in the forum unless you selected the filter to only show 'discussions')

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You need to open a support ticket so someone can take a closer look at your site. http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• hoover
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You need to open a support ticket so someone can take a closer look at your site. http://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport/
          yesh... I'll open another ticket. I had one open, but we didn't get it sorted out.

I just flushed another 100 threads, then tried posting again. the topics are now showing in the forum, but they display an error when being processed. I get this error message when you submit a thread:

Error while saving content: Internal Server Error
          note: I just bumped my php.ini memory setting up from 256mb to 512mb

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

If you're getting an Internal Server Error, there will be a record of this in your server's error logs - what is the message there for the time of getting that error?
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...