Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smejicoiii
    • Apr 2013

New registration email to admin and New Post/Forum emails to all users

Hi all new to vBulletin here, and I am running version 5.0.1 and I am trying to setup the site to notify admins when someone registers to become a user but it does not seem to be working. Along the same lines, I tried to setup the system to when any new post or forum is created all users receive an email notification so they are aware. Email notification when someone replies to a post seem to be working fine. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Fixed in 5.0.2:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• smejicoiii
      smejicoiii commented
      Editing a comment
      http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1483 seemed to address the issue with new user registration emails, anyone know if there is another problem with setting the system to when any new post or forum is created all users receive an email notification so they are aware of the new forum or post?
  • smejicoiii
    • Apr 2013

Trevor thank you for the reply, all features that I am trying to do are fixed in 5.0.2?

Comment

• matthieu.p
      • Oct 2012

how to download the 5.0.2? in the member area the last one available is the Latest Stable Version: 5.0.1

Comment

• DemOnstar
        DemOnstar commented
        Editing a comment
        You will need to wait a for that, it is not available yet. Some more work to be done.
    • smejicoiii
      • Apr 2013

[URL="http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1483"]http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1483[/URL="http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1483"] seemed to address the issue with new user registration emails, anyone know if there is another problem with setting the system to when any new post or forum is created all users receive an email notification so they are aware of the new forum or post?

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

There has never been a way to notify all users of all new posts on the forum or of any new forum being created. There was a way for users to subscribe themselves to a thread and get instant notification of new posts, but they have to subscribe themselves, it isn't something you can do for them.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• matthieu.p
          • Oct 2012

Thanks DemOnstar, but do you know when it will be available? the function :"Email Address to Notify About New Members" is needed for the aweber integration

How to subscribe a user to an AWeber list when the user registers in the vBulletin forum automatically. Step by step Guide.

Comment

• Thomas Kekeisen
            • Apr 2013

Seriously, you should hurry up releasing 5.0.2. I really thought vBulletin is the "The World's Leading Community Software" but at least NOTHING in 5.0.1 works as preferred or promoted. I just can not realize how it can be possible to release a forum with a broken url-bb-code, this sounds like a very very broken quality assurance.

Comment

• DemOnstar
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by matthieu.p
              Thanks DemOnstar, but do you know when it will be available?
              There is no known date, but judging by the past releases, it should be within the next few days.

Comment