• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukagwe
    • Aug 2012
    • 4.2.X

how to change forum icon?

how to change forum icon?
    Last edited by sukagwe; Wed 17 Apr '13, 7:45am.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Unfortunately due to sprites this isn't easy in VB5 anymore.

​The "easiest" option would be to edit the image: images/css/sprite_icons_vb.png

You need a good image editor like Photoshop, GIMP, or Paint Shop Pro, it will keep the background transparency

And you would have to paste a new image into place of the old image, it needs to take up the exact same dimensions and be in the exact same place.

Comment

• sukagwe
      sukagwe commented
      Editing a comment
      It's very complicated

• napy8gen
      napy8gen commented
      Editing a comment
      there will be sprite editor that I saw in JIRA Tracker. Hopefully it is user friendly
  • AlexMakh
    • Mar 2013

Is the "forum icon" the icon on the top of the browsers window which the forum is launched in & saved when the page is saved as a bookmark?

Comment

• sukagwe
      sukagwe commented
      Editing a comment
      I already get the answer from Joe D
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

No, the icon saved when bookmarked is called the favicon and can be changed the same as in VB4, upload a new one either over the old one or by setting the stylevar in stylevariable editor.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

A small additional note, some browsers/OS's will hold onto a favicon FOREVER and not give it up. Its really weird quirk with browsers/OS. I've literally had a favicon for a site (that didn't even have one) held in cache for 2 years in two different browsers.

Comment