Deleting German language -> all posts empty?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Datenpapst
    • Mar 2004
    • 4.2.X

Deleting German language -> all posts empty?

I deleted my former default language "German" as it was a mix of german and english due to the change to vb5. Now most of my posts are empty. WTF?
  • Datenpapst
    • Mar 2004
    • 4.2.X

*push*

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Are your posts still in the database if you check there? The language files don't cover the posts so shouldn't have any impact
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Datenpapst
        • Mar 2004
        • 4.2.X

I didnt check that. What I did was to delete the not default english language and then create a new english one from scratch. then I set it as default and deleted the german one and then old posts where gone.
        basically the languages come from the old vb4 version and where importet while the upgrade.

Comment

• Datenpapst
          • Mar 2004
          • 4.2.X

little help here?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

You cannot use language packs in vB5. If you need to restore the default English Language, then upload the tools.php file (from your do_not_upload directory) into the /core/admincp directory and point your browser at it and then click [Language]

You never answered the question about whether the posts were still in the database (check the text table).

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment