Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff Wells
    • Mar 2013

Image View

I have a two part question I am hoping to get a little direction on.

I would like to adjust the size of the thumbnails that are shown when someone uploads images to their post. Secondly, and more importantly, I would like the ability to adjust the view size of the image when you click on the thumbnail.

The attached screen shot shows both the thumbnail as well as the image that I wish to adjust the size of. It doesn't look like I can achieve this in AdminCP >> Attachments

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • Jeff Wells
    • Mar 2013

Bump! Please assist or let me know if this information can be found somewhere. Thanks!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Did you try changing the values in:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Attachment Options > Attachment Resize Options
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Jeff Wells
        • Mar 2013

I had not tried that so thank you, unfortunately I made the adjustments to these settings but it didn't seem to affect on the thumbnail or popup image.

See my thread: http://www.skagenboats.com/forum/for...ttings#post156

Attached is the area that I modified. Was this where I should be?

Comment

• Jeff Wells
          • Mar 2013

Hopefully my post above made sense. Let me know if you need any further detail. Thanks!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

I do not believe the lightbox size (when you click on it) is adjustable in VB5. There is an existing JIRA issue to get a way to view the full sized image - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-2673

As for the larger thumbnail sizes, after you made the change did you try uploading a new one to see if it works on newer ones at least? If so you probably only need to rebuild thumbnails, but don't do that unless it works for new thumbnails.

Comment

• Jeff Wells
              • Mar 2013

Hi Joe,

It doesn't seem to make a difference what settings I adjust on that page. When I close out the browser and try again its business as usual. I have attempted to change thumbnail size, number of thumbnails per page, I removed lightbox in an attempt to force it to a new page by selecting "no" under "use image light box" and still no dice.

Do I need to force a job to get it to recognize the new settings?

Comment

• Jeff Wells
                • Mar 2013

If the properties on that page are not having an affect on the board by "rebuilding" thumbnails would this trigger the settings to take or do I have a bigger problem? 0

Lastly, if I just want to force the pictures to the be in the post with out thumbnail is this an option and if so where can I find information on setting this up?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

If you make a new post with new images are they still small? If so rebuilding thumbnails won't help.

Comment

• Jeff Wells
                    • Mar 2013

I am abandoning the thumbnail re-size with lightbox in favor of the inline option. My issue is when I make the adjustments on the Options >> Message Attachment Options area

It doesn't respond. For testing I tried a new user, browser, and thread as you can see here:

All I got was thumbnails and light box. What do I need to do to get this to respond to the settings. I have attached my settings for reference. Please assist as this is the only thing holding me from going live with this new forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

• Jeff Wells
                      • Mar 2013

Bump...please help, I need some assistance. This is the only issue that is really holding me up at this point.

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

It does not seem that the software is respecting the thumbnail image sizes that we enter into the settings page.

I also found this Jira regarding showing thumbnails/full-size images in the post - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-4144

I also found this Jira about removing the Thumbnail Creation setting - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1532

edit: Actually, it does respect the thumbnail setting. However, there is CSS overriding it here:
                        HTML Code:
                        .b-gallery-thumbnail-list__thumbnail {
                        border: {vb:stylevar photo_border};
                        max-width:120px;
                        max-height:90px;
                        width:auto;
                        height:auto;
                        }
                        So, just add something like this to your css_additional.css file:
                        HTML Code:
                        .b-gallery-thumbnail-list__thumbnail {
                        max-width:xxxxpx;
                        max-height:yyyypx;
                        }
                        Replacing xxxx and yyyy with appropriate values.

i just added a couple of bugs:

Last edited by Lynne; Sun 28 Apr '13, 10:19am.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Jeff Wells
                          • Mar 2013

What do I need to do to get the images to post inline? Client no longer wants to deal with the thumbnail / lightbox but would prefer inline images with resize. When I attempt to disable lightbox and thumbnails in favor of inline, none of the settings seem to take (see post above for settings attempted).

Also I have clicked on the links that are referenced in your tracker and it prompts for username/password. If I try to create a new account it will not let me and if I try to sign in with my existing account it shoots me to the main page. Should I be able to access this area or is it for select members?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

You should have access to there with your forum account - make sure you tick the Remember Me box when you login here and you should get access OK next time.

For inline images, make sure that thumbnails are set to '0' in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Attachment Options > Attachment Resize Options then:

- click on Advanced
                            - click 'Imgae' button
                            - click on Upload tab
                            - upload image
                            - set any alignment/resizing on Image Info tab
                            - Click OK

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Jeff Wells
                              • Mar 2013

Unfortunately I tried the directions above and was not able to get the image to post inline. I am on VB 5.0.0 storing images in database. When I attempted to post the image inline it gave me the letter "a" as a link. When you clicked on the letter "a" it gave you the full image. I just so happened to trip on this thread regarding regex fix and it worked!!!

My only question is how do I make this feature intuitive enough for my end users? Asking them to toggle Advanced Mode on the editor ect. doesnt seem user friendly. Do I have options when it comes to customizing the input for a post? Can I force advanced mode and hide the "share photo's" section? Any thoughts on making this an easy process for my users is welcomed!

Thanks,

Jeff

[URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/3962371-uploaded-images-not-displaying-inline#post3966013"]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/3962371-uploaded-images-not-displaying-inline#post3966013[/URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/3962371-uploaded-images-not-displaying-inline#post3966013"]

Comment