Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nhoover
    • Apr 2013

Missing Content in error messages and popups

I've noticed that I will often times see missing content when error messages are displayed. For Example if you are registering and click on the site terms I get this in the pop-up as shown in the attached image. What's going on?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Those are missing phrases- What version are you using? Related bug perhaps - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-6922

Comment

• nhoover
      • Apr 2013

We have version 5.0.1.

I don't think the tracker you linked is the same problem. I get a cryptic message on pretty much any pop-up, not just the site terms. Here's another example, after registering there should be a message about your account being held for moderation. Instead I get the image shown below. It's like the actual message is not being delivered to the pop up. Just the default variable is being returned.

Comment

• nhoover
        • Apr 2013

I've also noticed the Terms will occasionally load in Chrome. I have never got them to show up in Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Comment

• nhoover
          • Apr 2013

I'd still like to get some help with this.

What do I need to do?

the forum is here: http://forum.iedagroup.com/

Thanks!!

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Actually, that may be this bug - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8143

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• nhoover
              • Apr 2013

So my best course of action would be to downgrade to version 4? The site is pretty much unusable at this point.

Thanks again

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

This particular issue should be fixed by 5.0.3. It is up to you of course what you prefer to do.

There is no way to downgrade a VB5 forum, what you would have to do is restore your copy of the VB4 database made before you upgraded, so you will lose any new content and users between then and now.

Comment