Problem deleting left over forum redirects: unexpected_error,Can't find class vB_Api_Content_Redirect

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smgxtreme
    • Mar 2013
    • 4.2.X

Problem deleting left over forum redirects: unexpected_error,Can't find class vB_Api_Content_Redirect

Whenever we move a thread or topic and it leaves redirect we can't remove it.
    I have to manually go into database to remove.

Here is the error:

unexpected_error,Can't find class vB_Api_Content_Redirect

So yeah I have to tell everyone not to leave redirects until we get it fixed.
    What I was thinking is something may have went wrong with database but when I go to repair it comes back saying
    something like "this database does not support repairing this table" , something like that.

Someone reported on our site it also happened when he tried to move a pm to another folder.
    Same error as above.

Please help me, trying to figure this out. I don't want us to not use options that are there.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hmm, I can't replicate the issue.

Can you specify exactly the steps you are doing when you get this error?

What I did was-

Move 1 topic, left a permanent redirect.

Went t to old forum, checked box next to redirect, choose "delete topic" from the bar on top, left it as soft delete and just hit Yes/Delete without making any changes, and it deleted the redirect.

Comment

• smgxtreme
      • Mar 2013
      • 4.2.X

Sure.

Doing this as I write this now.
      Create a new topic, after message created went to forum where topic posted, select move topics with leave permanent redirect checked, moved topic.
      Now going back to where redirect is, delete topic (redirect), physically remove, delete topic and got the error.

The only thing I can think of is either the template with the api call involved is messed up or database.
      Is there a certain file I can upload and overwrite to see if it fixes it?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

I see the same issue- but don't do a physical delete. A soft delete of a re-direct is the same thing as a physical delete, and it works. I'll check if this bug has been entered, and enter it if i don't see it- but you will be fine to use soft delete for redirects. They are completely gone after a soft delete.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Comment

• smgxtreme
            • Mar 2013
            • 4.2.X

Ok, I dint know about soft delete. Thanks

Comment

• heredia21
              • Oct 2012
              • 5.0.X

I am having this problem. Is there s a fix for this?
              BlackBerry Empire #1 BlackBerry news site and BlackBerry forum.

Comment