• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pierce
    • Jan 2004
    • 5.5.x

Fatal error: Allowed memory size

I upgraded my forum from 4 to 5 and I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /mysiteURL/vb5/core/vb/api/wrapper.php on line 1759

I have increased my php memory_limit in my Plesk Panel to 16M, 32M and 128MB but nothing has seemed to work. I did not get this issue in 4. Is there something else I need to check? I do have a rather large forum. Thanks in advance.

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Did the upgrade complete? If so when are you getting this error?

Try upping to 256M, I'm surprised VB4 worked with 16M.

Do you have a lot (hundreds?) of banned IP addresses listed in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> User Banning Options? If so remove them before upgrading.

Comment

• Pierce
      • Jan 2004
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Did the upgrade complete? If so when are you getting this error? Try upping to 256M, I'm surprised VB4 worked with 16M. Do you have a lot (hundreds?) of banned IP addresses listed in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> User Banning Options? If so remove them before upgrading.
      The upgrade completed fine. I get this error whenever I try to view the index of the forum or the admincp. I have increased the memory limit to 256M but get the same error. I have also increased it to 512M but when I do that the site doesn't even load. I get the error No Data Received (Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data) in Chrome and I also just get a blank or no page at all in other browsers.

I do have some banned IP addresses but only about 20-30.

Any help is appreciated.

Here is my site http://tigeowners.com/vb5/

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Anything in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)?

Can you Clear the System Cache - http://your.site.url/admincp/misc.php?do=clear_cache

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Pierce
          • Jan 2004
          • 5.5.x

So I was able to install a new install of Vb5 with a new empty database and it ran fine. Once I try to point to the upgraded vb5 database it doesn't work. So it seems something isn't correct withthe database. Any ideas.

Comment

• Pierce
            • Jan 2004
            • 5.5.x

The biggest differences I have noticed in my databases are the type. Vb5 is InnoDB and the upgraded VB5 database is MyISAM.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

I don't think the type of tables is going to make a difference.

Is your forum turned back on or is it still off after the upgrade?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Pierce
                Pierce commented
                Editing a comment
                I ended up reverting to vb4.2 for now and everything is working properly. I am going to try a dev environment with the same 4.2 Database and try installing VB5. If all works well I will try it on production. Thanks for the help.