X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smgxtreme
    • Mar 2013
    • 4.2.X

Need some help with text input box background color

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to change input box background color non-active and also active like in screenshots.
    Is there a code for additional.css ? or anything else I can add?

Please help

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Try the 'form_field_background' StyleVar
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Bandit2568
      • Mar 2013
      • 5.0.X

I am having possibly a similar issue and have tried to change the form_field_background and the form_field_text_color StyleVars without any success. The background var will change the background up until the moment you try to actually use the field then it will revert back to the stock white. I can successfully accomplish this with all colors. And the text color variable is being overwritten by my body_text_color and will not change despite changing my form_field_text_color variable. If these are bugs I will gladly submit them but just wanting to make sure that I am not going crazy and doing something wrong.
      http://www.pbjunkie.com/forum/images/misc/pbjunkie.png

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

The background, when active, appears to be controlled by a CSS entry in the vBulletin templates AND a hard coded value in the CKEditor files. To override the template entry, add the following to css_additional.css:

Code:
        .content-entry-box .ckeditor-no-toolbar + .cke_skin_kama .cke_wrapper {
        background: #ff0000;
        }
        ...changing the value as appropriate. The other one will need to be changed in the /js/ckeditor/skins/kama/editor.css file. Find:

Code:
        .cke_skin_kama .cke_contents iframe{background-color:#fff;}
        ...and change the value there also.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• mannymation
          • May 2013

Trevor, Im having that issue, where I have the colors I want in place, but the auto save in the reply box changes back to white, and keeps my body font, and makes it nearly impossible to see what you are trying to type.
          .content-entry-box .ckeditor-no-toolbar + .cke_skin_kama .cke_wrapper { background: #ff0000; }

Added in css_additional didnt do anything, I am on moono skin (since thts what 5.0.2 uses now?) and dont have the code you pasted anywhere in my editor.css file.

Help please.
          Last edited by mannymation; Fri 17 May '13, 9:51pm.

Comment