Adding users to receive email notification per forum (channel)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andor
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Adding users to receive email notification per forum (channel)

Anyone know how to do this? I'm tearing my hair out. I used to be able to quickly add people to watch specific forums via receive email notifications of posts and threads (with complete post/thread text copied into the emails) in the old Forum Manager - just enter email addresses for posts and a separate field for just new threads... But that has been removed in the infinite wisdom of the vB devs... Does anyone know if it's just been moved, or is there another way to achieve this?
  • andor
    • Jun 2004
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

OK - I've found the radio button at the bottom of the Moderator Manager page where I can set admins to receive all posts and threads... but it doesn't work. I also note that there is an option when viewing any user to Send User an Email in the first dropdown, and this just doesn't work either.

I have a test user (not admin) and I can see that their receiving their email notifications upon replying into a pre-existing thread, or when they've created it (I've got instant email notifications set by email) but this test user cannot subscribe to the forum, only to a thread. I get a "no permission" message... I have allowed them to subscribe to other users... just in case that affects all-of-forum subscriptions...

Comment

• DemOnstar
      • Nov 2012

The best thing to do is explain it to these people:

This is the usual response. Please fill out the relevant details.

Thank you.

Comment

• tsheng
        • Mar 2013

I have the same issue. Both new user registration notification email and post notification email do not work. I am using VB5.0 and with the same config described by andor.

Comment

• KC Weirdwolf
          • Apr 2006

We have a Board of Directors forum/channel open to just our board members. The system would send out an email notifying of a new thread but that seems to have been taken away in version 5. Am I missing something or is there a way to send email notification when new threads are started?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

The moderator permission to send a copy of topics and posts by email does work in that it will send those emails if set correctly. If the emails aren't coming through it may be an email confirmation issue, or it may be emails are building up in your queue. On your main Admin CP screen, check how many emails are in your queue. If it's hundreds (or even higher) that's the real problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb5 queued emails.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	4360938

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Go to AdminCP > Channel Management > Moderator Permissions, click Edit Permissions for the target user and then make sure the following options are set to Yes.

Receive Email When a New Topic is Created
              Receive Email When a New Post is Created

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...