Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BulliM
    • Oct 2012

When?

I ask sometimes about other language (esp. german) support and language packs. Your first reaction was, that you've promised, it'll be available on vB5 (gold?) release. Now i have read anywhere, that gold release can need time. By the way: What means "gold"? So i am not sure, if it was a good idea, to buy a vB5 license in december. I wait now for months on a german language pack. And noone can say, when it is available. Maybe in a half a year or later? You must have a project management plan. So when?
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

We do not promise dates because dates change. You can be assured it is being worked on and it is important to us- I'm afraid no one on the support staff can be any more specific.

Comment

• BulliM
      • Oct 2012

Doh! I am sure, someone can say. I understand, that noone promise dates. But someone has promised a (german) language pack on vB5 release (gold).

Comment

• DemOnstar
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by BulliM
        Doh! I am sure, someone can say. I understand, that noone promise dates. But someone has promised a (german) language pack on vB5 release (gold).
        Mr BulliM, to translate yourself you can create a new language in the Admin CP and use the Phrase Manager to translate phrases- it is a long and tedious process but not difficult if you are fluent in both languages or have a dictionary and some spare time.
        I don't want to sound patronising but if I had this problem, I would do it myself. Why wait?

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

It was promised AFTER vB5 came out of beta.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• BulliM
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Mark.B
            It was promised AFTER vB5 came out of beta.
            Means this on doomsday? Come on! In a month or two? More weeks than years?

And what about german language support here in forum? I was patient all the time. But now it is february. Maybe all promises will be delivered, when the pope is gone...

Comment