Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message Center Background Color

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Message Center Background Color

    Where would i find this? Ive put a red box around the area i would like to change.

    ​​​​​​

  • #2
    It uses the content_background style variable. Same style variable that sets the other areas of blue background on that page. You'll probably have to override the CSS with your own custom CSS.

    Code:
    .private-message-widget .message-list .message-item {
        background: {vb:stylevar content_background};
    }
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It uses the content_background style variable. Same style variable that sets the other areas of blue background on that page. You'll probably have to override the CSS with your own custom CSS.

      Code:
      .private-message-widget .message-list .message-item {
      background: {vb:stylevar content_background};
      }
      Ok so just paste that in CSS_Additional?

      Comment


      • #4
        You'll have to change the color code. That is the default CSS from vBulletin. You can't use style variables in css_additional.css.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          You'll have to change the color code. That is the default CSS from vBulletin. You can't use style variables in css_additional.css.
          Im not really following you how to install this. Do i paste this in CSS_additional? And then go back and change the color in stylevar?

          Comment


          • #6
            You need to write you own custom CSS to change the color. I just provided the default.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              You need to write you own custom CSS to change the color. I just provided the default.
              Ok so im assuming if i paste that in the css_additional it will be the default gray we have on this forum? I pasted that in another theme and it didnt change anything.

              Comment


              • #8
                If you paste that exactly as I posted it, you will see exactly no change on your site because you cannot use style variables in the in the css_additional.css template. If you want to change the color, you need to delete {vb:stylevar content_background} and replace it with your own color code. Whatever color code you want to use.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                Comment

                Related Topics

                Collapse

                Working...
                X